PDA

View Full Version : Itching

sleepy
08-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I am itching for opening weekend. I am going to be setting my tailgate up EARLY that morning. Have not been this excited about a football season in a while!!!!

bigred360
08-16-2011, 03:51 PM
I am itching for opening weekend. I am going to be setting my tailgate up EARLY that morning. Have not been this excited about a football season in a while!!!!

As for as Lamar football, I totally agree. We are going to shock some people this season. We have a lot of senior leadership, added the right FBS transfers, had a full off season in the Athletic Complex and everyone is saying we are bigger, stronger and faster than last year.

Add all that up and I'm "itching" too.

CardAmbassador
08-16-2011, 04:02 PM

As for as Lamar football, I totally agree. We are going to shock some people this season. We have a lot of senior leadership, added the right FBS transfers, had a full off season in the Athletic Complex and everyone is saying we are bigger, stronger and faster than last year.

Add all that up and I'm "itching" too.

I can't agree more, directly after basketball ended I was ready for football. I can't believe how close we're getting. I remember when we were 90 days out and I thought the season would never get here. 18 more days!!

We're going to be much more exciting offensively to watch and we will be competitive with other teams. Can't wait!!!

coachacola
08-16-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm excited but nervous. I think it's real important they do well this year. I'll be extremely disappointed if they struggle against Texas College.

CardAmbassador
08-16-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm excited but nervous. I think it's real important they do well this year. I'll be extremely disappointed if they struggle against Texas College.

I think it's important we do well this year too. I'm not worried about struggling against Texas College. If you look at the notes I posted on the Game Thread they were pretty terrible against teams that we beat so we should be able to dominate them. That was why I was hoping we would get to play Langston again as it would have been a good bench mark to measure the teams progress over last year.

And lets remember the 2010 season how we ended it, even that gives me some glimmer of hope. I'll be worried if we get to the South Alabama game and we don't show noticeable improvement over last years performance.

Lamar Pride
08-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm really looking forward to the whole experience this year. The atmosphere last year was awesome and the team met all of my expectations for year one. I know we will be much improved this year, and the atmosphere will be even better. I just ordered a 20ft. flagpole and a Houston Texans flag to be flown below my new LU flag to mark our tailgating spot. If you're in the red lot on the south side of the stadium stop and say hi.

I'm stoked!!!!!

CardinalClaw
08-16-2011, 07:52 PM
The season can't get here fast enough, I have been getting my RED ON since the end of last season. Our team is going to be some much more competitive this year so it has just made my excitement sky rocket.

I'M READY FOR SOME CARDINAL FOOTBALL!!!

lu cards
08-16-2011, 08:20 PM
my wife even said she's looking forward to tailgating!!!:laugh: