PDA

View Full Version : Freshmen TEs making strong impression

BRI Staff
08-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Woodard complimented Dionte Forney (Nederland), Caleb Shelly (Coldspring) and Payden McVey (Deer Park) for their understanding of the offense less than two weeks into preseason practices.

They’ve stepped in for West Brook graduate Billy Chavis (right knee) and junior Kevin Davis (shoulder) as they recover from injuries.

“They’re further along than most freshmen,” Woodard said. “They know the playbook. They don’t make a lot of mistakes. Dionte, I thought he could catch the ball but he’s a little better blocker than I thought he was going to be. Payden McVey is just an all-around solid player. Caleb Shelly has really grown into it and is really doing it.

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/

CardAmbassador
08-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Davis wont be out long, already knew about the Chavis recovery time:

Chavis, a senior, will be out another week. Davis could return this week.

I wonder what he means by "I thought he could catch the ball" about Forney. Not surprised Forney is a good blocker.

Good news all around. (about players quick recovery)

Big T
08-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Dionte can catch the ball. He has pretty good hands but if they scouted the Nederland games a little more last year they would have seen him as a blocker for Trevon Sonier every time they went into the Wild Dog. The main reason that the Wild Dog worked so well for Nederland last year was because of Dionte's ability to block.