PDA

View Full Version : Was reading about the troubles at Miami and thought I would mention a player.

bigred360
08-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Lamar signed a TE that played at the same HS as Coach Woodard. He was a freshman at a junior college here in Texas (Kilgore). It was our first year of recruits and he decided to go back to the junior college he came from and ended up signing with Miami.

Can you imagine the O-line with him here. Here is his bio from Miami.

hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ford_chase00.html

Chase Ford
TE
6-6, 240
Corrigan, Texas
Corrigan-Camden HS/Kilgore College
Eligibility: 4 years to play 3; can play for Lamar in 2010, 2011 & 2012

Junior College:
Played his freshman season for coach J.J. Eckert at Kilgore College in Kilgore, Texas ... Helped the Rangers to a 6-4 mark and a berth in the Aztec Bowl ... Had four receptions for 71 yards (17.8 avg.) as a freshman in 2008 ... Hauled in a season-best 24-yard reception against Navarro ... Also had catches of 18 yards at Tyler JC (Oct. 11), 15 yards against Tyler JC (Sept. 6) and 14 yards against Navarro (Oct. 4) ... Finished the Navarro contest with two receptions for 38 yards.

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121708aaa.html

NorthoftheBorder
08-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah, he would have been a big time player here. From that list, I wonder what happened to Rashad Williams who was a LB from San Antonio? I don't remember him ever actually being on campus.

CardAmbassador
08-17-2011, 06:12 PM
I bet he would be a great receiver at his height, 6-6. We certainly have some guys with more beef than him though. Some of these freshmen we have are pretty big. BTW, I feel like we have alot of TE's (6) and I bet most of them are on scholarship too.

bigred360
08-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Prefect position for a guy 6'6, 245 lbs with good hands is at H-back. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-back

Off the line so he can get a free release. Dang, wish he would have stayed but at that time there was nothing here. No Athletic Complex, no dressing rooms, meeting room, training rooms, weight and conditioning and Cardinal Stadium had not been renovated yet into Provost-Umphrey Stadium.

I can see why a 18/19 year old might get discouraged and rethink his commitment.

CardAmbassador
08-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Prefect position for a guy 6'6, 245 lbs with good hands is at H-back. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-back

Off the line so he can get a free release. Dang, wish he would have stayed but at that time there was nothing here. No Athletic Complex, no dressing rooms, meeting room, training rooms, weight and conditioning and Cardinal Stadium had not been renovated yet into Provost-Umphrey Stadium.

I can see why a 18/19 year old might get discouraged and rethink his commitment.

Forney is a 6'5 240, he also played QB so he understands offenses. Might be a future H back in the making.

I agree, recruiting here before the stadium was built must have been a nightmare for Woodard and Co. Looking forward to our 2012 recruiting class because it will be the first full cycle normal recruiting period for our team.

West
08-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah, he would have been a big time player here. From that list, I wonder what happened to Rashad Williams who was a LB from San Antonio? I don't remember him ever actually being on campus.

Rashad is still a student at Lamar as of last week.

As for Chase Ford, the guy is a freak athlete. I wish he would have stayed but he left because he wanted more exposure so I can't blame him for that.

bigred360
08-17-2011, 07:10 PM

Rashad got kicked off the team I believe for drugs, but I'm not sure if that was the reason. He is still a student at Lamar as of last week.As for Chase Ford, the guy is a freak athlete. I wish he would have stayed but he left because he wanted more exposure so I can't blame him for that.

West, you bring value to this forum but pllleeeaaassseee don't say a guy was kicked off for drugs if you aren't 100% sure.

That could ruin a person's reputation. You might not believe me but we have players and coaches that are members of this forum. I know for a fact as a couple have PM'd me.

West
08-17-2011, 07:36 PM
You're right BR360, I edited my post. Bad judgement on my part.

bigred360
08-17-2011, 07:39 PM
You're right BR360, I edited my post. Bad judgement on my part.

Thank you as I believe you know my history. I'll delete my post because there is no need for it now!!! Thank you for understanding!!!