PDA

View Full Version : Oden on campus

Mike
08-18-2011, 11:13 PM
From a source at Lamar:

"Anthony Oden is in Beaumont. He has taken his physical and will be practicing in shorts tomorrow morning."

Me: "Will he be available for the next scrimmage?"

"Next weekend, yes."

bigred360
08-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Awesome news, thanks admin. Man, I'm not sure which sport I'm more excited about Lamar basketball men and women or football.

CardAmbassador
08-18-2011, 11:24 PM
It's a great year to be a Cardinal, so much to look forward to. LU is going to go big time this year I can feel it!!

NorthoftheBorder
08-19-2011, 01:59 AM
I am concerned that it took him so long to get here. Would like to know if there was a real good reason or if we should be concerned about his focus and committment.

CardinalClaw
08-19-2011, 03:35 AM
Woodard said he has been talking with Oden everyday so I'm sure there is nothing to be concerned about.

sleepy
08-19-2011, 12:17 PM
It could be because he had to move from Arkansas to Beaumont and get everything taken care of in Fayetteville.

coachacola
08-19-2011, 04:49 PM
He practiced with the team today:

New offensive lineman Anthony Oden made his first appearance as a Lamar University football player Friday morning.

Wearing a white No. 78 jersey and no pads, Campbell participated in non-contact drills, lining up with the starting unit at left tackle.

Offensive line coach Nathan Reeves said Oden tired a little at the end of the 90-minute practice. Reeves said Oden, raised in Indianapolis, will need time to get accustomed to Southeast Texas humidity.

Campbell arrived on campus Thursday and took a physical. He was measured at 6-foot-7 and 296 pounds without shoes.

Link: http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/

CardAmbassador
08-19-2011, 06:24 PM
He practiced with the team today:

New offensive lineman Anthony Oden made his first appearance as a Lamar University football player Friday morning.

Wearing a white No. 78 jersey and no pads, Campbell participated in non-contact drills, lining up with the starting unit at left tackle.

Offensive line coach Nathan Reeves said Oden tired a little at the end of the 90-minute practice. Reeves said Oden, raised in Indianapolis, will need time to get accustomed to Southeast Texas humidity.

Campbell arrived on campus Thursday and took a physical. He was measured at 6-foot-7 and 296 pounds without shoes.

Link: http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/

Huh?

Interesting that he has lost so much weight they put him on the roster as heavier than that.

coachacola
08-19-2011, 08:19 PM
More on Oden from the Beaumont Enterprise:

"He's in shape," offensive line coach Nathan Reeves said. "He's been playing basketball, working out. He's got his goals right. He didn't come in out of shape."
Oden was measured at 6-foot-7 and 296 pounds without shoes in a physical Thursday, Reeves said. Oden is a brother of former No. 1 NBA draft pick Greg Oden, a 7-foot, 285-pound center with the Portland Trail Blazers.
Arkansas listed Oden at 6-8 and 328 pounds last season. Oden did not play last season because of complications from mononucleosis, which could explain part of his weight loss.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Oden-practices-Friday-will-be-in-pads-Monday-2132181.php#ixzz1VVo9RVP6

BigRedTrack
08-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Wow!!! Looking at his running form, this guy is a real athlete!!! Very impressive!!! Like the move by Woodard to keep him away from media - nothing positive will come from it. Hey he is a soph., the media has several years to talk to him. Also, I don't think being 30 lbs. lighter is a big deal for his frame & it may help his speed and quickness. What if we line him up at fullback inside the 10 against Texas College, sure would make defensive coaches in the SLC lose some sleep. He would not be the "refrigerator" but the "whole damn kitchen".

bigred360
08-20-2011, 01:12 AM
I know he has lost about 30 pounds but the guy still looks impressive to me. It looked like they were working with Oden at LT and Campbell at LG. That is going to be an awesome combination.