1. Central Arkansas
2. McNeese State
3. Stephen F. Austin
4. Sam Houston State
5. Northwestern State
6. Nichols State
7. Lamar
8. Southeastern Louisiana

OUTLOOK: After reintroducing the football program after a 21-year hiatus, Lamar went 5-6 last year as an independent program. The schedule gets much tougher this year as they join the Southland and will have to play teams like Sam Houston State and Stephen F. Austin - both teams that crushed the Cardinals last season - on a consistent basis. However, Lamar boasts one of the best wide receiver duos in Marcus Jackson and J.J. Hayes, who will give either Doug Prewitt or Andre Bevil a pair of big, consistent targets this season. On defense, the Cardinals will benefit from getting everyone back to a unit that allowed 26.1 points per game a year ago. Looking at the schedule, the Cardinals may have come close to a winning record in 2010, but if last year's 71-3 loss to Stephen F. Austin is any indication, they'll struggle in the Southland.

Link: http://sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4429539

BigRed98
08-19-2011, 11:54 PM
We're going to have fun talking about this one all season long.

CardAmbassador
08-20-2011, 02:03 AM
I love when these ranking services cite our schedule. You guys realize we played 8 DI schools as a start up last year. Now we're playing 9. That's not a huge change. We played most of the tough SLC competition already.

9 - 8 = 1 can these people not do math?

boomer
08-20-2011, 09:36 AM
I look foward to seeing how this turns out. I am a little worried about the QB spot. Our running game looks strong , but how did we forget how to pass? I don't think we'll finish that low though.