8/27 Scrimmage Breakdown with Interviews

Guest CardinalClaw

Guest CardAmbassador
what time is the scrimmage ???

9:00 a.m.

Fred Davis and Mike (BRI Admin) will report from the scrimmage.

Can't wait to see what happens. Coach Woodard is suppose to name a starting QB after this scrimmage.

Guest CardAmbassador
Immediatly after or later?

I'm not sure, I bet he will wait till Monday to name the starter, the coaches will probably watch the film over the weekend and then decide. I don't know though.

Per the interwebs:

they (lamar football) are scrimmaging right now instead (started at 3) and still up in the air as to the plan for practice tomorrow.

This news is from the wife of one of the team members. We're trying to find out if there will be a scrimmage tomorrow.

Guest LU4LIFE
what time is the scrimmage ???

9:00 a.m.

Fred Davis and Mike (BRI Admin) will report from the scrimmage.

Can't wait to see what happens. Coach Woodard is suppose to name a starting QB after this scrimmage.

It's about time!!!:laugh:

Quick notes:

Oden and Campbell both playing left side of line.

Jeremy Johnson starting at qb.

Bevil not in pads.

Prewitt suited out.

Offense drives 1st series down defenses throat. But penalty negates TD.

Oden had holding penalty.

JJ looks good. Just threw TD to Hayes.

Guest CardAmbassador

Bevil is still out. I think that means either JJ or Prewitt start against Texas College. Just my opinion.

Any interceptions, TO's, mental mistakes by QB's?

Guest CardAmbassador

More from Dabe:

All snaps played by QB Jeremy Johnson were with first-team offense. This was Doug Prewitt's first day in pads since concussion.

Johnson & Prewitt each produced one TD drive, Johnson w/ a long pass to J.J. Hayes & Prewitt on a short run.

Guest CardAmbassador
Another comment from Dabe:

Even with all 11 starters back, the #LamarU offense could have as many as 5 new starters when season starts next week.

QB (JJ or Prewitt)

LT (Oden)

LG (Campbell)

RB (Garrett)

Who is the fifth? Must be another lineman, maybe the Trinity Valley CC, Colton Collins

Another comment from Dabe:

Even with all 11 starters back, the #LamarU offense could have as many as 5 new starters when season starts next week.

QB (JJ or Prewitt)

LT (Oden)

LG (Campbell)

RB (Garrett)

Who is the fifth? Must be another lineman, maybe the Trinity Valley CC, Colton Collins

Could be talking about TE where Chavis likely will not be ready for week 1.

Guest CardinalClaw

Johnson looked really good today, his first drive was a march down the field for a TD. A couple of his other drives stalled out, on one he threw a 3rd down pass to JJ that was pretty low but catchable. The second there was a mix up in the play between Johnson an Powdrill, Johnson threw the ball towards the sideline an Powdrill cut up field.

The running game looked good too, no really big runs but most of them were for positive yard so you cant complain there.

Our defense started off slow to me but it looked like they picked it up after a drive or two.

I think if Johnson is picked to be the #1 QB with another week of practice with the first string offense he should be ready to rock n roll come the 3rd.

Guest CardAmbassador
Post Scrimmage Interviews:

LINK: Post Scrimmage Interviews

I just got done, listening, that was good stuff. I didn't know Venson was a DB at TCU, I feel good that with more time he can step up into that RB position and be great for us in his junior and senior seasons.

I think the team has come a long way from the spring when I look at the production from the offense.

MESSAGE TO MARCUS: Take as long as you need, Texas College is not worth it!

Thanks for the interviews Fred. This is quality stuff.