PDA

View Full Version : Learning more about J.J. Hayes

CardAmbassador
08-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Article is now up for the public:

Link: Learning more about J.J. Hayes (http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-senior-football-player-beyond-his-days-of-2149215.php)

CardAmbassador
08-26-2011, 08:12 PM
It's great to see a story about some of the positives athletics can do for a person and the triumph of a person over some of life's difficulties. Sounds like it will be a good story.

Big T
08-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Wow this is horrible and insperational at the same time. It just proves that no matter where you come from you can rise above it. God bless you JJ!

bigred360
08-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Wow, I can't wait til Sunday's paper comes. I know it was an unusual situation regarding Coach Woodard signing J.J. Hayes.

I love reading/watching or hearing of true life events. I'm sure J.J.'s will be a good one!

May God Bless everything J.J. Hayes does.

NorthoftheBorder
08-26-2011, 08:51 PM
With all the negative banter that has gone on (on this board and the other board) about Lamar giving Anthony Oden another chance, this story is one that is what college athletics is all about. I hope JJ has a world class season and gets the chance to go pro and has a great career.

ScreamingDeane
08-26-2011, 09:05 PM
With all the negative banter that has gone on (on this board and the other board) about Lamar giving Anthony Oden another chance, this story is one that is what college athletics is all about. I hope JJ has a world class season and gets the chance to go pro and has a great career.

yep. but i think most of the comments i read here were of excitement.n I think most of our fans were happy he chose lamar.

TBonesLU
08-26-2011, 09:34 PM
He is the definition of what I think LU football should model itself after. I'm sure there are other guys on the team with the same class as J.J., but we don't hear about them as WR is as glamorous of a position as they come. Let's keep them all in mind.

BigRedTrack
08-26-2011, 10:08 PM
I truly believe there or hundreds of stories like JJ in college sports. The Michael Oher story was not unique, as Dennis Rodman showed in his Hall of Fame speech. These are the ones that overcame their issues for some reason, sadly many others were/are not as fortunate.

God Bless all these people.

boomer
08-27-2011, 04:21 AM
J.J. was my favorite Card to watch before I read his. Hey J.J. if you want to break down some players on Fantasy Nation just drop us a line. We are all huge fans especially my little boy Alex! Going to love watching you set this season on its head.

boomer
08-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Get the BE today!

CardinalClaw
08-28-2011, 05:39 PM
I just read the article an it is a great story if anyone hasn't gone out an got a copy of the Enterprise you should.

LU4LIFE
08-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Really great article make you want the best for JJ even more.

BRI Staff
08-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Article is now up for the public:

Link: Learning more about J.J. Hayes (http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-senior-football-player-beyond-his-days-of-2149215.php)

bigred360
08-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Great story and after going through all of his difficulties as a young boy and teenager he'll earn his degree in Dec. and won't have to worry about some of that stuff again.

austin badbyrd
08-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Great story and very inspirational. Good luck and best wishes JJ, you'll do fine