UNI

puddin tane

Agree, completely agree. They expected to get in at 6-5, and were “relieved” when their name was called. After getting in and finding out their opponent, they hadn’t started breaking down film. Doesn’t sound like they are to worried. I really hope they take us lightly. I wish this game wasn’t on thanksgiving weekend!

cocky bunch of cornholers

panthernation.com

Agree, there is a lot of discussion on the site about playing UC-Davis in the 2nd round. But they have won over 74% of their home games in the last 16 years (only 42% wins of road games), so they are very confident playing a 1st time playoff team at their place.

I do expect them to play a very physical brand of football as do the rest of their conference.

IMHO, Lamar needs to take it to them early and often and get them to throw the ball. Hope our speed and quickness is an advantage.

That said, we are not getting much respect from their fan base, but they are somewhat down on their own team with only 6 wins.

Agree, there is a lot of discussion on the site about playing UC-Davis in the 2nd round. But they have won over 74% of their home games in the last 16 years (only 42% wins of road games), so they are very confident playing a 1st time playoff team at their place.

I do expect them to play a very physical brand of football as do the rest of their conference.

IMHO, Lamar needs to take it to them early and often and get them to throw the ball. Hope our speed and quickness is an advantage.

That said, we are not getting much respect from their fan base, but they are somewhat down on their own team with only 6 wins.

they sound alot like.....sammie houstonites

i hate the mvfc

Been reading some of the posts on AnyGivenSaturday.com and I’m not even real sure why Lamar is making the trip. From what I’ve gathered there, the game is already over, the SLC sucks, Lamar sucks, and if you beat an SLC team in the top 25 it doesn’t count as a top 25 win. Maybe the UNI team will have the same sediments and will go ahead and start spending time on UC-Davis...

I tried to make an account there to chime in but it says the “registration has been disabled by the administrator”.

They have a right to be cocky.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Iowa_Panthers_football#FCS_Regional_Championship_games

As of December 1, 2018, the Panthers have a home record of 212-56-1. Having said that, Lamar is going to show up and the game will be played, inside or outside in the parking lot, doesn't make a difference to the Lamar kids. You can almost here the Rocky music.

There is no perceived advantage for Lamar, in this game, it's all new territory. Anything can happen.

were playing with house money.everything to gain and nothing to lose.i can think of more cliches but you get the idea.lamar is on the way up,uni is on the way down.lets put these cornholes out of there misery but if we dont we will take care of business next year.

I was going to predict a 34-17 UNI win but after reading their website (where the comments sound a whole like Sam's site before we played them), screw those inbred cow-tippers. LU 31 UNI 13.

Some comparisons...

On offense:

UNI - #90 total offense (354 yds/game, 31 TDs), #57 passing (18 TDs, 6 INTs, 217 YPG), #88 rushing (127 yds/game, 13 TDs, 3.38 yds/rush)

LU - #30 total offense (432 yds/game, 45 TDs), #87 passing (18 TDs, 9 INTs, 182 YPG), #12 rushing (250 yds/game, 27 TDs, 4.82 yds/rush)

On defense:

UNI - #33 total defense (354 yds/game, 30 TDs), #28 rushing (1459 yards, 15 TDs, 132 yds/game, 3.58 yds/rush)

LU - #98 total defense (451 yds/game, 42 TDs), #33 rushing (1537 yards, 15 TDs, 137 yds/game, 4.31 yds/rush)

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/

I saw a preview of the game when I Googled the playoff. I wish I had paid attention to the site but it seemed to be made up of sportswriters who don't know squat about Lamar. All of them predicted a double digit loss by our Cards. All that said, I hope UNI has to go to the hospital to get the LU foot out of their asses. Yes, UNI has a great home record but what happened in the past doesn't mean squat. It's what happens on Saturday that counts. UNI is 6-5 and Lamar is 7-4 and if you check out coachacola's post Lamar measures up pretty well against UNI. Kick ass LU, Go Cards!!