PDA

View Full Version : Newcomers could play key roles for Lamar football

CardAmbassador
08-28-2011, 05:44 AM
Even with 21 starters back from last season, the Lamar University football team underwent several offseason changes.

Most notable were the additions of quarterback Jeremy Johnson and left tackle Anthony Oden, transfers from Top 25-ranked teams.

But several other changes could give the Cardinals (5-6 last season) a slightly different look when the season starts Saturday at home against Texas College, an NAIA school in Tyler.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Newcomers-could-play-key-roles-for-Lamar-football-2144190.php#ixzz1WIrps97i

DJLocal
08-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Did yall see the Chronicle had us last in the SLC?

CardAmbassador
08-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Did yall see the Chronicle had us last in the SLC?

Almost every rating I have seen with the exception of two have had us dead last in the SLC.

It's the FCS these rating services don't put alot of time into that area, the just go off of last years results. I'm unsure of where we will end up in the SLC standings, but I know two things:

A. We will be the most improved team from 2010 to 2011
B. We will be competitive with the teams we play.

CardAmbassador
08-29-2011, 10:08 PM
I was trying to think of the newcomers on defense that will start.

DT John Prescott

I think he is the only new starter.

Second String newcomers defense:
DE Marcus Malbrough
DB Davion Wolford
LB Jestin White
DL Eric Arnold

BigRedTrack
08-29-2011, 10:15 PM
I was trying to think of the newcomers on defense that will start.

DT John Prescott

I think he is the only new starter.

Second String newcomers defense:
DE Marcus Malbrough
DB Davion Wolford
LB Jestin White
DL Eric Arnold

I don't expect much of a test Saturday, but expect LU to play very close to the vest. Expect 2nd team to play the 3rd qtr on offense & a bunch of players in the 4th qtr. I do see the defense being left in longer since there is really no running up the score on defense.