PDA

View Full Version : Lamar to name a Tailgater of the Game at football

BRI Staff
08-30-2011, 05:44 PM
With all the excitement surrounding Cardinals' football this fall, Lamar athletics has teamed up with H.E.B. and Giglio Distributing to award Lamar football's best tailgater.

Each home game, prior to kickoff, the Lamar video department will be scouring the tailgating areas in search of the game's most spirited tailgater. A winner will be chosen by a committee of athletic staff members based on several key components including enthusiasm, originality and creativity. The winner will be announced during the game on The Education First Scoreboard, and will receive a $400 gift certificate to HEB.

"During our first season of football we had so many groups doing some really great things with their tailgates," said Brad McGowan, assistant athletic director for development. "Everything from customizing their own Cardinals' golf carts to attempting world records. This year, we want to reward those tailgaters who go the extra mile to make Lamar football tailgates the place to be. So, we are challenging tailgaters to go even bigger this year. With $400 to H.E.B. on the line, it will be well worth their effort."

Link: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/083011aaa.html

bigred360
08-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Great idea by Brad and those guys with athletic development!

CardAmbassador
08-30-2011, 09:57 PM
I think I'm going to go around with my Camera and get a few shots of tailgating rigs Saturday. I need to get some ideas for in a few years when I top everything that has been done to date!!! B)

I'll definitely stop by some of the BRI members tailgates too and see if any of you guys can cook. :)

BigRedTrack
08-30-2011, 10:10 PM
This is all I need! Now the pressure is on. LOL