PDA

View Full Version : Preview: Quarterbacks

CardAmbassador
08-31-2011, 02:28 PM
BEAUMONT - The most-often asked question during Lamar University's preseason football camp has been who will be the starting quarterback.

The cloudy issue is that, although the Cardinals' season opener is at 7:30 p.m. Saturday in Provost Umphrey Stadium, the question remains unanswered.

Clearly, however, regardless of who head coach Ray Woodard names as his starting quarterback for Saturday's game against Texas College, the job will be in capable hands.

"It could come down to a game-time decision, but we'll know more later this week," said Todd Whitten, Lamar's offensive coordinator before departing for the Tuesday funeral of Woodard's father in Corrigan. "All of the quarterbacks have done well in our preseason work, and although each has had to deal with minor injury issues, they have all received equal snaps with the first offensive line. They have all worked well with the first O-line."

Full Article: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/083111aaa.html

coachacola
08-31-2011, 02:45 PM
I doubt it matters who starts the Texas College game. The bigger question who'll be starting the remainder of the season.

CardAmbassador
08-31-2011, 02:48 PM
I doubt it matters who starts the Texas College game. The bigger question who'll be starting the remainder of the season.

+1 it doesn't matter who starts at Texas College, but it does matter who has the better game that night, maybe one guy throws an int and the others don't there will be some separation going into the next week. The real fun will begin when we get to South Alabama, I bet the coaches don't announce the starter for that one till right before the game.