PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Stations available at football games

BRI Staff
08-31-2011, 06:30 PM
Interim athletic director Jason Henderson asks that fans attending the Lamar University football opener Saturday follow certain precautions to avoid heat-related problems.

"Start drinking water two and three days before the game," he said. "Wear sunscreen, hats. Anything to minimize any heat-related problems."

Lamar pushed the start time for Saturday's game against Texas College to 7:30 p.m. to help alleviate heat-related problems.

The east side bleacher seats face directly into the setting sun.

Lamar will have three cooling stations outside the stadium, one in the Montagne Center parking lot, one in the lot outside the athletic complex and one near the "LU Land" kids zone.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-to-have-cooling-stations-at-football-game-2149315.php#ixzz1WdWS0mDI

CardAmbassador
08-31-2011, 06:39 PM
It looks like they're really beefing up efforts to keep everyone safe this year. I think the game experience is going to be first class all around.

3 more days till the REDVOLUTION!!!

BigRed2010
08-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Excellent idea. The east side of the stadium was extremely hot the early part of our schedule last year. The moving back of the starting time will help a whole lot. We were looking into the sun for most of the first half last year. The later the game, the better for the east side of the stadium fans.

AggiesAreWe
08-31-2011, 07:57 PM
It's going to be raining all day Saturday, heat will not be an issue.

coachacola
08-31-2011, 08:36 PM

Weather.com show rain for a solid week down there. Please send some of that rain here to Austin please!

CardAmbassador
08-31-2011, 08:44 PM

Weather.com show rain for a solid week down there. Please send some of that rain here to Austin please!

Don't jinx us, or the game. :) We wont know how it pans out until game day. I'm being cautiously optimistic that it wont be that bad. But I do think this will effect turn out. I doubt we have a sell out with forecast like this. Still I think the crowd will be pretty large.

AggiesAreWe
08-31-2011, 08:50 PM
My wife informed me that she and our 19 and 16 year old sons, along with the 19 year old's girlfriend, was attending this game rain or shine!

I am just glad I'll be in a pressbox that night!:)

CardAmbassador
08-31-2011, 09:57 PM
My wife informed me that she and our 19 and 16 year old sons, along with the 19 year old's girlfriend, was attending this game rain or shine!

I am just glad I'll be in a pressbox that night!:)

Great news, hopefully there are alot of devoted fans that have that mentality. I think there are quite a few.

GO CARDS!!

LUSportsFan
08-31-2011, 10:33 PM
The email we received informing us of the game time change also mentioned that "...FANS ARE ALLOWED TO BRING A LITER OF BOTTLE WATER PER PERSON INTO THE STADIUM ACCORDING TO UNIVERSITY POLICY".

BigRed2010
08-31-2011, 10:52 PM
Whatever Lamar University has decided to help with heat on the east side of the stadium will be greatly appreciated.

ScreamingDeane
09-01-2011, 12:57 AM
man we need teh rain but im hoping it doesnt ruin what should be a great opening game atmosphere at provost umphrey.

AggiesAreWe
09-01-2011, 01:55 AM
The email we received informing us of the game time change also mentioned that "...FANS ARE ALLOWED TO BRING A LITER OF BOTTLE WATER PER PERSON INTO THE STADIUM ACCORDING TO UNIVERSITY POLICY".

Hmmmmm.... A liter of bourbon and branch sounds nice!!:laugh: