PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking forward to seeing Sat Night??

Mike
09-01-2011, 02:23 AM
I know its only Texas College but what are you guys looking forward to seeing from Lamar in the opener?

Here's 5 things I want to watch:

1. The running game. I want to see LU's RB's slash Texas College at will and set the tone for the season.
2. O-Line play. Cant wait to see how dominant the left side of the line plays vs what will be much smaller guys
3. The secondary. They were a cause for concern during a few of the scrimmages I witnessed so I want to see them perform under the lights vs guys not named Marcus Jackson and JJ Hayes.
4. Jacody at LB. He's made the switch back to LB and Im anxious to see him in action
5. Offensive play calling. I want to see an offensive variety and not bomb after bomb. This team MUST run the ball and I'd expect a wide variety of plays run vs the Steers.

Next.....

CardAmbassador
09-01-2011, 02:32 AM
1. QB's I want to see who is more accurate and makes the best reads. It will be hard to see any of them respond to pressure because I feel pretty good about the OL vs. a NAIA team of TC's caliber
2. DE's - I want to see all the defensive ends especially new ones like Malbrough get pressure on the other teams QB early and often.
3. Freshmen - I want to see some of these freshmen in action: McVey, Peterson, etc.
4. New Faces - I want to see guys like PJ Henderson who I know nothing about go out and have a good showing vs. the Steers.
5. This is just a list of things I'm also interested in: Play calling variety, demeanor of team (don't want to see guys taking TC too lightly), and last but not least yes. Jacody Coleman at LB is going to be really fun to watch.

CardinalClaw
09-01-2011, 02:47 AM
1. How Bevil,Prewitt and Johnson play

2. How our running game performs, they should have no problems running the ball

3. How our defense does against the run

4. How solid the OL looks especially the left side

5. How the secondary plays, we are going to need them to step up

CardAmbassador
09-01-2011, 03:09 AM
I thought of one more. Special Teams!!!!

Cplatt
09-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I want to see a full house and a blowout. 70-3 would put a stamp on the Cards. These are style poit games that need to be big blow outs and i expect it will be. Moving forward i expect us to be playing big FBS schools week 1 bc of money reasons.

1. Packed House
2. Blowout
3. Running game I want a 1000 yrd rusher dammit!!!! haha
4. Jeremy Johnson
5. Run Def

Cplatt

bigred360
09-01-2011, 12:34 PM
1. How each of the QB's play
2. A running game
3. O-lineman
4. The defense against the run
5. Defensive pressure on the QB which will help the secondary
6. The secondary
7. Special Teams.

There are several more but those are the main ones.

CardAmbassador
09-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Another thing to watch. I want to see if Bevil rolls left or rolls right alot, I liked it when he did that and it seems he likes to sit in the pocket more now. He was better rolling out of the pocket IMO.

BigRedTrack
09-02-2011, 02:18 AM
More than 1 rushing TD.
Sold out PUS
The Band
Tailgating

LU4LIFE
09-02-2011, 04:06 AM
1. QB
2. Running game
3. Run Defense
4. Secondary
5. Speacial teams
6. O line
7. Coleman
8. Packed house
9. Blowout win by Lamar
10. Shut out by Lamar defense

coachacola
09-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Considering this from Chris Dabe:

303 lbs: Avg. weight of #LamarU's starting O-linemen. 235 lbs: Avg. weight of six D-linemen used by Texas College last week.
Lamar's offense should dominate in all phases of the game.

CardAmbassador
09-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Considering this from Chris Dabe:

303 lbs: Avg. weight of #LamarU's starting O-linemen. 235 lbs: Avg. weight of six D-linemen used by Texas College last week.
Lamar's offense should dominate in all phases of the game.

Dear god that is murder, We can just run behind the line all night. I really wish we had the chance to at least play a good NAIA team. There is a big difference between the bottom of the barrel and the cream of the crop in that league. Both Langston and Weber were good NAIA teams Texas College gets blown out by schools like that.

Big T
09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I want to do exactly what Wisconsin did last night vs UNLV. Run, run, run, with some passes being thrown in. I really don't want Woodard and his staff to give anything away in the play calling of this game. I'll settle for 6-10 passes a peice for the three QB's and just ram the ball down the throats of the Steers the rest of the time.