PDA

View Full Version : Roughly 2,000 tickets left for Lamar football opener

coachacola
09-01-2011, 03:55 PM
From the BE:

McGowan expects weather to determine if the 7:30 p.m. game will be a sellout.
"We're kind of at the mercy of the weather, especially with the soon-to-be tropical storm out there," McGowan said.
McGowan said ticket sales are on pace with last year's opener, one week after Lamar's dramatic 30-27 loss at McNeese State.
"I would say last year, the week before the first home game, we had more people coming up the week of the game getting tickets," McGowan said. "After the McNeese game, there was more of a rush during that week."

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Roughly-2-000-tickets-left-for-Lamar-football-2151005.php#ixzz1WikTjSGo

CardAmbassador
09-01-2011, 04:12 PM
What's a shame is that it could end up being dry all Saturday but just the chance of rain is going to keep some away. I can understand that for some because you don't want to drive several hours for a cancelation. I'm still pretty confident we will see very little rain (hour or less) Saturday.

coachacola
09-01-2011, 04:27 PM
It's a good sign that ticket sales are on pace with last year's opener. People are still excited this year and even with rain forecasted all day they could still sell out the game. The team is picked last in the SLC and Texas College is exactly a big name draw but they are still selling a lot of tickets.

CardAmbassador
09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
It's a good sign that ticket sales are on pace with last year's opener. People are still excited this year and even with rain forecasted all day they could still sell out the game. The team is picked last in the SLC and Texas College is exactly a big name draw but they are still selling a lot of tickets.

quite true, I'm really pleased with the amount of interest and I think considering the weather and the team we are playing it's very good support.

AggiesAreWe
09-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Trust me, it will be a sell out.;)

(of course it may be "that" kind of sell out)

NorthoftheBorder
09-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I also believe that the opponent has something to do with the chance it may not be a sell out. I will say that this is the last year the fans will tolerate sub D-1 opponents. They want to see LU compete against good teams. It will not be fun Saturday night if LU wins this game 80-0. JMHO!

CardAmbassador
09-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I also believe that the opponent has something to do with the chance it may not be a sell out. I will say that this is the last year the fans will tolerate sub D-1 opponents. They want to see LU compete against good teams. It will not be fun Saturday night if LU wins this game 80-0. JMHO!

I can permit one sub DI game for next year because we have a 7 game conference schedule and 5 game OOC schedule to give us a 12 game season. Coming up with three more DI teams to play will be hard.

Now in 2013 I expect nothing less than a full DI schedule.

CardinalClaw
09-01-2011, 05:41 PM
There are 2,028 tickets still available, at 1am last night it was at 2,741.

CardAmbassador
09-01-2011, 11:05 PM
There are 2,028 tickets still available, at 1am last night it was at 2,741.

dang thats alot of tickets in one night, I bet we can still sell out. I looked at the weather forecast. The hourly break down has this thing spread out, with the greatest likelihood of rain at around 4:00 p.m.

TBonesLU
09-02-2011, 12:03 AM
I can only imagine that a good handful of people may be buying a ticket at the gate due to the inclement weather. I'd love to be there, guys. Y'all drink a Coke for me (LU is dry).

CardinalClaw
09-02-2011, 12:57 AM
My bad, I messed up some how when I was adding up the seats there are actually 2,550 available.

BigRedTrack
09-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Any ideas about Texas College fans walking up at game time?

CardAmbassador
09-02-2011, 03:45 AM
Any ideas about Texas College fans walking up at game time?

This is a really small school. I'm not hating on the little guy but I'd be surprised if they draw 500 for home games.

CardinalClaw
09-02-2011, 03:49 AM
I have a family friend whose son plays for TC an he said he will most likely be their only fan there, so we know there will be at lease one. I believe I heard their QB is from around here so his family might be at the game too.

CardAmbassador
09-02-2011, 04:03 AM
I have a family friend whose son plays for TC an he said he will most likely be their only fan there, so we know there will be at lease one. I believe I heard their QB is from around here so his family might be at the game too.

I think the QB is from Kountze it was in an article from the BE.

CardinalClaw
09-02-2011, 06:08 PM
There are 2,424 ticket available.

CardinalClaw
09-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Has anyone noticed how well the students are turning out to get their tickets?