PDA

View Full Version : Lets hope Woodard has a little more class

AggiesAreWe
09-02-2011, 02:39 PM
than Harper of SFA does! (I am willing to bet he does)

SFA 82
McMurray 6

82-6! Passed the ball 63 times last night (several in the 4th quarter after leading 68-6 at end of 3rd), went for 2 five times (3 of those attempts were after SFA was already leading 25-0). Even though the 2nd team and some 3rd teams played half the 3rd and all the 4th, it was obvious Harper was looking to score as many as he could against a very outmanned McMurray team.

CardAmbassador
09-02-2011, 02:43 PM

SFA 82
McMurray 6

82-6! Passed the ball 63 times last night (several in the 4th quarter after leading 68-6 at end of 3rd), went for 2 five times (3 of those attempts were after SFA was already leading 25-0). Even though the 2nd team and some 3rd teams played half the 3rd and all the 4th, it was obvious Harper was looking to score as many as he could against a very outmanned McMurray team.

I bet he does too. SFA's coach is notorious for that score. He doesn't care how much he hangs on a team. I'm amazed at the amount of 2 point conversions.

TBonesLU
09-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Let's focus on good play and minimizing errors...that's about all I would ask.

coachacola
09-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm guessing he's trying to catch the eye of some FBS school so he can get out of there as quickly as possible.

NorthoftheBorder
09-02-2011, 05:24 PM
You may be right coach. But then again he may have some of the same grit in him that Billy Tubbs has and he is by far my favorit coach of all time. Of course he was on our side. Lopsided scores in football are a little harder to take than basketball.

TBonesLU
09-02-2011, 05:28 PM

SFA 82
McMurray 6

I'm just glad we aren't the Aggies. ;)

CardinalClaw
09-02-2011, 05:50 PM
If you are playing a team at the same level you play then lopsided loses don't bother me (like our game against SFA last season). I believe the saying "if you don't like seeing the other team score then stop them", but running up the score on a team that doesn't have the same talent you have is not right.

CardAmbassador
09-02-2011, 08:14 PM
If you are playing a team at the same level you play then lopsided loses don't bother me (like our game against SFA last season). I believe the saying "if you don't like seeing the other team score then stop them", but running up the score on a team that doesn't have the same talent you have is not right.

I'm kind of the opposite on this, if you schedule a team from a higher division you should know that a blow out is likely. I don't like to see blow outs at all but they're more acceptable at when there was a mismatch to begin with.

When you blow out a team at the same level as you it's much more embarrassed to the other team, because they're suppose to be peers athletically.

CardinalClaw
09-02-2011, 08:23 PM

I'm kind of the opposite on this, if you schedule a team from a higher division you should know that a blow out is likely. I don't like to see blow outs at all but they're more acceptable at when there was a mismatch to begin with.

When you blow out a team at the same level as you it's much more embarrassed to the other team, because they're suppose to be peers athletically.

Exactly, if you let a peer team blow you out you deserve the embarrassment but that is just my opinion.

BigRedTrack
09-02-2011, 10:15 PM
My question is what is the benefit to SFA program for running up the score? Does it help them win more games, or they trying to pad the stats, or get some air time on ESPN? I would love to see Lamar trying to r5un up the score as we are beating them this year.

I'm going to look up and see how many BB games SFA scored over 85 points last year.

I agree it is different if it is in the conference or in the same division. What really bothers me is all the passing & 2 point conversions. I know the SMU players after the death penalty were upset when the opposing players ran out of bounds instead of scoring, they thought that was more demeaning than scoring the points - the next game against the Univ. of Houston they lost by over 100 pts.