PDA

View Full Version : Lamar football seeks to win short-yardage battles

coachacola
09-03-2011, 04:20 AM
With a starting offensive line that averages 303 pounds, Lamar should have plenty chances to do that against an NAIA school that used six defensive linemen who averaged 235 pounds in a loss last week.

"This determines the season," center Kyle Gillam said. "If we can't do that then we don't stand a chance in (the Southland Conference)."

Line coach Nathan Reeves has set the standard even higher, telling players in a meeting Tuesday they have the ability to rush for as many as 350 yards tonight.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-football-seeks-to-win-short-yardage-battles-2153869.php#ixzz1WrcRgjjd

CardinalClaw
09-03-2011, 04:31 AM
I heard this on the Fred Davis show so I will be watching to see how close the O Line comes to their goal of 350 rushing yards.

CardAmbassador
09-03-2011, 04:36 AM
Lamar's game notes say the average starter on the OL for Texas College is 270, the Beaumont enterprise says its 230, I'm inclined to believe the game notes because 230 is ridiculously small for a O line, that's smaller than most High Schools.

Line coach Nathan Reeves has set the standard even higher, telling players in a meeting Tuesday they have the ability to rush for as many as 350 yards tonight.

Dang, that would be really nice. If we see 350 yds on the ground that will mean a couple of things.

A. probably a school record
B. we didn't throw the ball much