PDA

View Full Version : UTSA has 56K at first game

Mike
09-03-2011, 08:32 PM
and was blowing out Northeastern State. A perfect start for the Road Runners.

LINK: UTSA RoadRunners (http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=315549&SPID=34919&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205265902&DB_OEM_ID=13100)

boomer
09-05-2011, 01:58 AM
Went my first year of college there. Go Roadrunners!

BigRedTrack
09-05-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm happy for the UTSA program. They have spent the time & energy to bring their FB program to this point. Hope they continue to grow and succeed - they are the largest university in the UT System if their attendance is what I heard. Now they have to work at getting the Horns to play them in the Alamodome.

Cplatt
09-05-2011, 07:09 PM
What was our attendence? Thats what will keep us from ever being a powerhouse. If we were to play bigger and better teams at home we might be able to pull 20k, but 56k for UTSA will be huge for that programs ability to win and become a national power.
Cplatt

coachacola
09-05-2011, 07:41 PM
What was our attendence? Thats what will keep us from ever being a powerhouse. If we were to play bigger and better teams at home we might be able to pull 20k, but 56k for UTSA will be huge for that programs ability to win and become a national power.
Cplatt

Lamar had 17K+ for their home opener last year. UTSA has several advantages over Lamar, like twice as many students, located in a large metro area (plus San Antonio is a tourist destination), and they are already in the process of going FBS.

I think I read their season ticket sales are a little over 10K, so I them averaging 20K, maybe 25K for the rest of their home games. But they already have some big names lined up to play them at home in a few years so that's going to help a lot. They could pass up quite a few established FBS programs if everything goes just right for them.

TBonesLU
09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm happy for the UTSA program. They have spent the time & energy to bring their FB program to this point. Hope they continue to grow and succeed - they are the largest university in the UT System if their attendance is what I heard. Now they have to work at getting the Horns to play them in the Alamodome.

I don't think so...UT-Austin is 51k, UT-SA is in the 30k area.