PDA

View Full Version : Hussey no longer on roster!

NorthoftheBorder
09-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Can anyone elaborate on why?

Mike
09-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Must be a mistake cause he's out here warming up.

Mike
09-04-2011, 03:03 AM
Must be a mistake cause he's out here warming up.

I have to edit this cause it wasnt Hussey I noticed when I posted, it was Harmon. I didn't notice Hussey at all tonight so I'll make some calls tomorrow and see if we can find out his status.

CardAmbassador
09-04-2011, 05:30 AM
This is really odd, we didn't hear about any injury, he didn't play tonight but he was on the team last week. I just don't know why he wouldn't be on the team.

CardAmbassador
09-04-2011, 05:55 AM
I am hearing that Hussey was asked by the coaches to go to the scout team and he quit instead of doing that. Not 100% because it's not from the coaches but it's from people that would know.

Mike
09-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Cody Hussey is indeed no longer with the team. No details were given but he is gone.

NorthoftheBorder
09-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I'll have to admit that the way he was treated takes some steam out of it for me. I am afraid that Doug Prewitt is being treated the same way. I'll have to sit back and watch

CardAmbassador
09-04-2011, 06:25 PM
I'll have to admit that the way he was treated takes some steam out of it for me. I am afraid that Doug Prewitt is being treated the same way. I'll have to sit back and watch

How was he treated badly? I think Logan and Garrett are better backs so that is what the coaches went with.

I would really like to know Doug Prewitt's thoughts on this too. I'm very vocal in supporting Prewitt, I think he is the least electric of the guys we have but he's also probably the most responsible with the ball so I do think he should be ranked higher than he is. But I bet if we asked Prewitt, he would say what he has been saying, he is here to support the team first.

geezer
09-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I realize this thread is really about Hussey but having gone to the game and watched all three qbs play I think an accurate assessment is currently Prewitt may be the most consistent passer but is the slowest of the three, Bevil has a good touch on the long ball but is the least responsible when pressured and Johnson is the most athletic but has a lot of work on his accuracy. So it depends on the situation and where you want to take the team in the future as to who your starter is. Where Hussey is concerned I have some familiarity with the politics of college football. I played in a conference that limited the number of out of state scholarships and I can promise you the ten players who were from out of state were going to play almost no matter what they did unless they were injured. I don't know what kind of outside influences there are for Lamar, but I would bet that there is some form of consideration that we are unaware of.

CardAmbassador
09-04-2011, 07:07 PM
I realize this thread is really about Hussey but having gone to the game and watched all three qbs play I think an accurate assessment is currently Prewitt may be the most consistent passer but is the slowest of the three, Bevil has a good touch on the long ball but is the least responsible when pressured and Johnson is the most athletic but has a lot of work on his accuracy. So it depends on the situation and where you want to take the team in the future as to who your starter is. Where Hussey is concerned I have some familiarity with the politics of college football. I played in a conference that limited the number of out of state scholarships and I can promise you the ten players who were from out of state were going to play almost no matter what they did unless they were injured. I don't know what kind of outside influences there are for Lamar, but I would bet that there is some form of consideration that we are unaware of.

Very well could be, what I'm pretty certain of is that Garrett is the top dog scholarship or not and that Logan is the "quickest shiftiest back on the team" (that's a quote from the RB coach James Brown) Now I would say that Hussey is a strong runner and he is fast, (all RB's are pretty fast) but he is not faster than Venson, or Logan, and not better than Garrett.

He could have stayed on the team and tried to earn a spot back. Who really thinks Woodard isn't going to do what is the best for the team, the guy wants wins, that is what he is paid to do.

We're all working off of rumors anyway.

geezer
09-04-2011, 07:24 PM
May be and I hope your correct about the coaches and the program. I am giving Hussey the benefit of a reason other than just not willing to try and win back a spot.

BigRedTrack
09-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Sounds like the young man has made a decision that coming out everyday, working his butt off, and then probably not get into a game - is not worth whatever scholarship $s he was getting. Athletes quit all sports for a variety of reasons every year. Just hope he is happy with his decision and doesn't regret it in the future. Wish him well.

I do agree there is favoritism at all levels of sports, as in life. You just have to deal with it and move on. It is like the John Wooden quote at the bottom of CA's posts.

peckemtech11
09-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Thank you. Thats what we gotta remember, WINS. No room for politics anymore. Bevil- questionable. But Garrett, Logan, and Venson are much better backs.
Whatever it takes to win must be done people.

CardAmbassador
09-07-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm amazed at how many people are willing to deny the truth on this situation. I heard from a decent source that he quit after being asked to go to the scout team. It didn't sound like it was too personal he just wasn't going to bust his butt for no playing time, football is a time consuming sport.

Hussey seems like a good guy and a good player but I do think the coaches made this decision based on playing ability and not politics. I'm not mad at him or the coaches, we had lots of running backs so we thought we would utilize one of them more effectively and it didn't work out.