PDA

View Full Version : Latest poll question posted on homepage

BRI Staff
09-04-2011, 03:20 PM
After last nights game who would you like to see start at QB vs USA next week in mobile?

Go vote now!

Big T
09-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I was the first to vote WOHOO! I said JJ. I love the fact he can make somthing out of nothing and he proved that last night. Yea he under threw quite a few passes but once he threw his first couple of passes he got better. Andre over threw his first pass to a wide open reciver then the very next plat threw the ball to JJ Hays who was covered very well and the ball was almost intercepted so i say no to Andre.

CardAmbassador
09-04-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't exactly like the question, haha. I really didn't get to see enough last night to change anything because there were so few pass plays. I do feel like Andre forced the ball on more than one of his throws, that is what I'm afraid of because he will just get into his TO slump again.

I said JJ, I think he makes better decisions usually, and has some zip on his throws when it's not raining. But I also want to see what Prewitt can do, the guy didn't do anything wrong last night, both of his throws were catchable but the first one was only catchable in better weather.

That being said, South Alabama is not a team we can just toss in several differnt QB's against. They will start Andre and unless he is just doing awful I expect him to play the entire game.

I would like to see Prewitt and JJ again against Incarnate Word, when hopefully there is some better weather. Bevil didn't have any TO's last night but he is still forcing the ball against a sub DI team.

HarleyQueen
09-04-2011, 04:27 PM
I personally am not impressed with Andre as QB. Not slamming the young man just think he would do better in another position. I liked JJ & Prewitt. They both excelled last night in what was given to them.

Watched one of Andre's tv interviews...I think there is somewhat of an ego. Unfortunately for Lamar everyone needs to play as a TEAM and when I checked the spelling there is definitely no I in team. Maybe it was the way the station cut and edited the interview..just saying.

So my vote is for one of the others.

coachacola
09-04-2011, 04:39 PM
I voted for JJ. My guess Bevil will start next week but will be on a short lease. If the offense sputters and/or he throws an interception then we'll see JJ. The big question mark next week will be the passing game, but the weather will be good and Marcus Jackson will be playing. I think the USA fans are expecting an easy win.

BigRedTrack
09-04-2011, 05:40 PM
I really have no opinion based on last nights game & think we have at least 3 capable starters at this point and trust the coaches decision since ultimately it is their job security on who they recruit and who they play.

It reminds of the saying, "The fans most popular player on the team seems to always be the back-up QB"

geezer
09-04-2011, 08:39 PM
I would agree with Big Red Track. At this point I think each of them have strengths and weaknesses. Bevil tends to force the ball especially when pressured which will happen more later this year. Johnson is definately the most athletic but his passing accuracy is still suspect. Prewitt based more on last seasons performance is a good passer and makes better descisions than Bevil but is slower and doesn't present the potential running threat that Johnson or Bevil does.

coachacola
09-04-2011, 09:26 PM
JJ was 3 of 6 for 57 yards while Bevil was 3 of 9 for 50 yards. JJ also ran for 27 yards while only ran for 2. As others have noted, Bevil seems somewhat out of control and makes bad choices. That's going to catch up with him while JJ will only keep improving. I bet we see JJ a lot next week.

lu cards
09-05-2011, 01:16 AM
im gonna make a prediction.there will be some fights in the stands if people dont support who the coaches choose and quit heckling the qb thats not there choice.i dont care who starts as long as he plays good.had to sit next to some turd last night who was commenting out loud everytime jj made a bad throw.i saw four or five people giving him death stares and felt like he was going to get his ass kicked.please support whoever is wearing the red/white or stay home.

CardAmbassador
09-05-2011, 01:32 AM
im gonna make a prediction.there will be some fights in the stands if people dont support who the coaches choose and quit heckling the qb thats not there choice.i dont care who starts as long as he plays good.had to sit next to some turd last night who was commenting out loud everytime jj made a bad throw.i saw four or five people giving him death stares and felt like he was going to get his ass kicked.please support whoever is wearing the red/white or stay home.

That's the people who have a horse in this race. I've talked to Prewitt personally and really like the guy as a person, he's a great guy. But if he doesn't win this spot I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to curse the other QB, I want whoever is in to do well.

You know what I find stupid? All these people who want us to recruit local kids, and then when their hometown HS kid doesn't start, or doesn't play enough or whatever, they take it out on the coaches and the entire team. We're Cardinal fans, we're suppose to support the team, not player is greater than the team, no one. I don't like that Bevil is still in the QB race because although he has some upside, (scrambles well, has the big throws makes few mistakes managing the offense, knows the playbook etc.) I think he is turnover prone when he throws down field. But if he wins the starting spot I'm still a LAMAR CARDINAL fan, and I wish him well. It honestly makes me realize how recruiting locally we're probably always going to have these problems until Lamar Football has an established following.

HarleyQueen
09-05-2011, 01:42 AM

I hate that. I love football is back at Lamar. I love that Coach Woodard & the team have recruited locally. I love that you have members competing for the spots.....competition is good and will make for a better team. I may not agree with the QB that gets the starting position. That complaint will go to the coach instead of making an idiot of myself in the stands.

I hope fans will be passionate about Lamar football but at the same time some restraint and respect for others around them.

Just my 2 cents..and that my friends will not even buy a coke....LOL

05BigRed
09-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Just goes to show we may think our "local talent" is top notch but we are talking div1 aa football with a good chance of going div 1 a in the.future...its a different ball game than high school...the coaches are gonna put the best players they possibly can on the field...its their jobs and livelyhood on the line...they are there to win games, not make mom,dad, mawmaw, and pawpaw happy to see johnny get to play

boomer
09-05-2011, 01:55 AM
I can't take anything away from this game. The opponents lack of talent combined with the weather has me more confused than ever of our QB's. How we go from can't stop throwing to can't get throwing with minimal staff changes has me bewildered. I know you don't here people say this much when there Sunday morning QBing but thank goodness I'm not the coach.

geezer
09-05-2011, 02:20 AM
Well said CA. If most of the team was from outside of the area the coaches would be applying the same standards in picking who plays and there would be very little passion on this board about one versus the other. If your from Sislbee, Orange or Beaumont only matters at the High School level. Lamar is a higher level and think about it there are probably 20 good to great high school programs in this area with say an average of 50 players on a team. Thats 1000 players and Lamar is limited to 85 I believe so each player going after playing time is competing against the upper 10% of the players from this area without counting any of the players from other locations.

CardAmbassador
09-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Yep, I think people forget sometimes that Lamar is a DI school. I can't tell you how many times I heard stuff like: "My HS team could beat Lamar, etc." last year from people with no spirit or respect for the team.

Are you kidding me?? We were bad last year but we would still dominate any HS team. At best you have 8 DI players on a big 5A school roster. Lamar has a full roster of DI talent! We would break the other no DI quality HS kids in half!!

I remember hearing alot of noise about recruiting local kids to get interest in the team, if the entire city of X is going to turn on Lamar because the kid they wanted to start doesn't play isn't it almost bad for our attendance? Recruit the best whether it be in Beijing or Beaumont. This is not Beaumont Junior College, it's Lamar UNIVERSITY, we're bigger than just Beaumont or the SETX. We have graduates that literally live all over the nation and world. Many on this board are from out of state, JDCurran, mllme, D301Bhoys etc.

LU4LIFE
09-05-2011, 03:19 AM
It sounds to me that some people around here need to understand that Lamar didn't bring football back so that every Joe blow around here that has a kid playing HS football has at place to play college football.

This is Div 1 football and I don't care if there is someone on the team that is from around here, if they are not the best player on the team at their position then they are not going to be rewarded the starting position just because they are from SETX.

I like having local guys on the team but winning and future success of the program is the most important thing. This team could be full of local players or it could have no local players but as long as we are winning i'm happy.

ScreamingDeane
09-05-2011, 12:17 PM
i agree with you 100% lulife.