PDA

View Full Version : Last Year's South Alabama game

coachacola
09-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Looking at last year's boxscore from the South Alabama game, the 26-0 score is a little deceptive. They ran all over Lamar but only scored 2 touchdowns. The defense was a little banged up and Dorsey did not even play. The defense is healthy and deeper this year so I don't see Lamar giving up that many yards.

J.J. Hayes was hurt and didn't play. We know the offensive line was having trouble and Lamar had no running game. Also, Lamar had 5 fumbles and lost 4 of them. I don't see that happening this year.

I'm expecting a good close game Saturday. South Alabama is probably the favorite to win but Lamar should be able to win this one if they don't make many mistakes.

bigred360
09-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Agree as their record is a little deceptive. Lamar has to play well but if they do in all 3 phases of the game the Cardinals can come home with a W.

CardAmbassador
09-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Looking at last year's boxscore from the South Alabama game, the 26-0 score is a little deceptive. They ran all over Lamar but only scored 2 touchdowns. The defense was a little banged up and Dorsey did not even play. The defense is healthy and deeper this year so I don't see Lamar giving up that many yards.

J.J. Hayes was hurt and didn't play. We know the offensive line was having trouble and Lamar had no running game. Also, Lamar had 5 fumbles and lost 4 of them. I don't see that happening this year.

I'm expecting a good close game Saturday. South Alabama is probably the favorite to win but Lamar should be able to win this one if they don't make many mistakes.

Thanks coach, this is what I've been saying, the score does not reflect the game. I was there in person and remember it very well. They had trouble closing in the red zone, they would get down to the thirty or twenty and then our defense tightened up really well, made them kick it through the yellow poles 4 times.

I think this will be a good game, I'm exited to see how we throw in better weather and excited to see how we run vs. a team with the size of South Alabama.

I'll have a detailed breakdown of their roster up tomorrow morning. Make you guys wait for a bit. :)

LU4LIFE
09-05-2011, 03:35 AM
I agree with ya'll, you don't see the full picture by just looking at the score of this game. The score was 10-0 going into half time and 7 of those points where from a fumble recovery that was taken to the house. We also missed a field goal and Prejean dropped a catch in the endzone that 9 times out 10 he would catch. Then in the second half our offense struggled to move the ball and the defense spent a lot of time on the field which really wore them down. With the added depth and talent to the team this year IMO you will see a much more competitive game this season.