PDA

View Full Version : BRI.com SLC Power Rankings: Week 1

Mike
09-07-2011, 01:51 AM
LINK: Power Rankings: Week 1 (http://bigredinsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=395&catid=1)

Thoughts?

CardAmbassador
09-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing how this changes after week 2. There are some good test in week 2 that will give us a little more info on the SLC teams and how they're going to do this year.

I remember last year SELU was ranked in the top 3 in the preseason and then they fell to the bottom of the conference in short order.

CardinalClaw
09-07-2011, 03:07 AM
I am really surprised Northwestern in not in the #8 slot after their game last weekend.

HarleyQueen
09-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Surprise. I will also be interested in the rankings after this next weekend.

Good thing is when "they" rank you low...you have something to prove & throw back at "them" when you MOVE IT ON UP!!....LOL

Davis
09-07-2011, 12:02 PM
I actually ranked NW State #6 in my poll... Delta State was the runner-up in the Div. II National Title game last year, and they returned a lot from that team, so don't let that close win completely disparage their ranking... When you consider these teams played the gamut - from a BCS school like McNeese, to a lower-tier NAIA school like many others did, ranking these teams was a challenge after week one, but I agree, it'll be easier gauge these teams after week two...

CardAmbassador
09-07-2011, 02:11 PM
I had NWST at #8 in my poll but I didn't want them there, I just couldn't justify moving anyone lower based on performance.

I agree, next week we will get to see quite a bit more of what each team is made of including the Cards.

SFA Fan
09-07-2011, 10:10 PM
SFA has two REALLY tough games straight ahead. #2 UNI, then Baylor! Jacks might be 1-2 in a couple of weeks...

CardinalClaw
09-07-2011, 11:02 PM
SFA has two REALLY tough games straight ahead. #2 UNI, then Baylor! Jacks might be 1-2 in a couple of weeks...

I see you guys being 2-1 in a couple of weeks, I pick SFA to beat UNI.

jdcurran235
09-08-2011, 12:19 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm

I think it is funny that we are ranked higher than many of the teams in the SBC. I especially like that we are higher ranked than north texas