PDA

View Full Version : Good news for the Cards fans who can't travel to USA

TBonesLU
09-07-2011, 02:24 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=466&f=3200&t=7884172

CardAmbassador
09-07-2011, 02:27 PM

lol, dang you beat me by a split second, go look at my post in the game thread.

This is good news for us! Fox 4 was already picking up the game for the SETX people though. This benefits me, you coach and a few others.

TBonesLU
09-07-2011, 02:29 PM

lol, dang you beat me by a split second, go look at my post in the game thread.

This is good news for us! Fox 4 was already picking up the game for the SETX people though. This benefits me, you coach and a few others.

I'm in Dallas, so this is a dream come true.

coachacola
09-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I can kick back in my recliner Saturday and watch the game!

TBonesLU
09-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I can kick back in my recliner Saturday and watch the game!

I especially can as the computer monitor is the 50" plasma in my brother's living room.

lu cards
09-07-2011, 04:20 PM
so you have to watch it on your internet or can you get it on your tv???

TBonesLU
09-07-2011, 04:21 PM
so you have to watch it on your internet or can you get it on your tv???

Internet

bigred360
09-07-2011, 04:23 PM
lu cards, thanks for the question as I'll be at a birthday party and I'm not sure if they get ESPN3.

CardAmbassador
09-07-2011, 04:23 PM
lu cards, thanks for the question as I'll be at a birthday party and I'm not sure if they get ESPN3.

Fox 4 is airing the game.

oldbamadude
09-07-2011, 05:51 PM

Hey guys, do you know if your channel Fox 4 is sending over a crew to do the game? Our game last Sat. was carried here live by a local tv station channel 44, and ESPN3 picked up their feed. I just called ch 44 and was told they are not carrying the game, so that leaves your station or ESPN sending in someone. Anyone know?

CardAmbassador
09-07-2011, 06:00 PM

Hey guys, do you know if your channel Fox 4 is sending over a crew to do the game? Our game last Sat. was carried here live by a local tv station channel 44, and ESPN3 picked up their feed. I just called ch 44 and was told they are not carrying the game, so that leaves your station or ESPN sending in someone. Anyone know?

From my understanding yes, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hopefully NickKBTV will stop by and let us know what the situation is.

TBonesLU
09-07-2011, 06:20 PM

No offense to LU or USA, but I'm pretty sure ESPN isn't putting a couple of their own anchors (not to mention a whole crew) on the air to show this game. I bet Fox 4 is sending over a couple of guys. I'm glad to hear it's not being aired in Mobile by their network (I'm glad they get to watch it though). That means we can get some guys talking up Lamar.

CardinalClaw
09-07-2011, 07:21 PM
FOX is sending a crew an ESPN will be picking up their feed.

oldbamadude
09-07-2011, 07:27 PM
When I checked earlier, ESPN3 was showing the Jags vs Lamar and NC State both being aired, now it only shows the NC State game.
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#type/upcoming/channel/espn3/search/South Alabama/

TBonesLU
09-07-2011, 07:31 PM
It looks as though it has been taken off the schedule.

CardAmbassador
09-07-2011, 07:33 PM
When I checked earlier, ESPN3 was showing the Jags vs Lamar and NC State both being aired, now it only shows the NC State game.
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#type/upcoming/channel/espn3/search/South Alabama/

OMG, you're right, it's gone now. That's crazy I checked it about 2 hours ago and it was going to air on ESPN 3. They dropped that pretty quick.

*Shakes fist at ESPN*

I hope this is some type of malfunction.

TBonesLU
09-07-2011, 08:12 PM
I have an Insider account. I e-mailed them; waiting for some feedback...

CardAmbassador
09-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I have an Insider account. I e-mailed them; waiting for some feedback...

Check you're PM. reply when you have seen this so I can delete.

TBonesLU
09-07-2011, 08:27 PM
I have seen...

oldbamadude
09-07-2011, 08:43 PM
If you have a crew coming over to do the game, your fans at home will be able to see if even without ESPN3 correct? Our folks just need to get their be-hinds to the stadium. Bama vs Penn State at 2:30 on ABC is gonna have some effect on our attendance I'm afraid.

coastalman
09-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Ok, let me clarify since we're the ones shooting the game in Mobile.

FOX 4 will be wiring the game in conjuction with Lamar Video. ESPN3 was ready to pick up the feed and send it back, but USA's AD said no since he wanted to shrink the market in which USA would be available.

So sorry guys FOX 4 only. Now for the other part of the bad news; since USA is in the sticks of south AL, there is weak internet so for us there is now no reason to attempt to send it back via web.

Hope this answers your questions....

lv

jdcurran235
09-07-2011, 10:22 PM
http://www.southland.org/share/PollRecord.dbml

We need to go vote on the fan pole!!! support LU!!!

So. Bammy Fan
09-07-2011, 10:45 PM
since USA is in the sticks of south AL,

I don't know who told you that, but they don't know what they're talking about. I don't know anything about the internet, but USA is definitely not in the sticks.

Mike
09-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Ok, let me clarify since we're the ones shooting the game in Mobile.

FOX 4 will be wiring the game in conjuction with Lamar Video. ESPN3 was ready to pick up the feed and send it back, but USA's AD said no since he wanted to shrink the market in which USA would be available.

So sorry guys FOX 4 only. Now for the other part of the bad news; since USA is in the sticks of south AL, there is weak internet so for us there is now no reason to attempt to send it back via web.

Hope this answers your questions....

lv

I don't think Mobile would be considered the sticks of Alabama.

coachacola
09-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Why would USA's AD want to "shrink the market" and not have the game available online? That doesn't make sense to me. And Mobile is definitely not in the sticks, it's a bigger metro area than Beaumont. Poor choice of words IMO.

TBonesLU
09-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Why would USA's AD want to "shrink the market" and not have the game available online? That doesn't make sense to me. And Mobile is definitely not in the sticks, it's a bigger metro area than Beaumont. Poor choice of words IMO.

I don't know, but I e-mailed their A.D. I asked for reconsideration. I will let you know if he even responds.

theTestament
09-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Anywhere in Alabama is considered the sticks, lol.

TBonesLU
09-08-2011, 03:42 PM
And I quote...

"Tony - thank you for your thoughts.....

When we granted Lamar the right to broadcast this game at no cost it was explicitly communicated that the broadcast would be intended for and limited to the Beaumont area only.

We received a request this week pertaining to sending the game to ESPN3. Following some discussion the decision was made to honor our initial intent.

We as an institution are producing and broadcasting three of our home games on a combination of a local station (UTV44), regional (CSS) and ESPN3. We feel that this is a substantial step and investment in the growth of Jaguar Football and reaching out to our fan base.

The decision to decline ESPN3 in this instance revolves mostly around the type/style/content of the broadcast rather than any perceived impact on attendance.

I will revisit the concept but feel we are providing a tremendous service to Lamar in granting the broadcast at no charge for the fans in Beaumont that cannot make the trip.

Respectfully,

Joel

Joel Erdmann Ph.D.
Director of Athletics
University of South Alabama
Mitchell Center 1209
Mobile, AL 36688"