Cardinals vs. HCU - September 30th

TexGator

Who all is going to the HCU game?

That "stadium" is really small. We can overpower the Huskies, if we show up and show out!

I'll be there near midfield because I work too dang hard to go without a chairback.

This game worries me. I watched the SE La vs HCU game last night on ESPN+. Looks like they have a good offensive line and a good defensive line. Very talented qb and good skill position players. Their secondary seemed questionable but they have a stud defensive end that may cause us problems. I was not very impressed with SE La. Pretty good qb and some good skill position players. But HCU lines outplayed SE La lines.

This game worries me. I watched the SE La vs HCU game last night on ESPN+. Looks like they have a good offensive line and a good defensive line. Very talented qb and good skill position players. Their secondary seemed questionable but they have a stud defensive end that may cause us problems. I was not very impressed with SE La. Pretty good qb and some good skill position players. But HCU lines outplayed SE La lines.

We shall see.

I didn't get to see the tape. Did they jump out on Southeast? Wear them down? Just push them around for 60 minutes?

Sounds like the trenches are their strength.

This is the problem with early-season FCS teams- basically every game is either a paycheck game where they're getting pushed around (and we don't know much from it) or them paying a cupcake to come in and take the L from them.

Now, teams are getting a little sample size after this week's games.

We shall see.

I didn't get to see the tape. Did they jump out on Southeast? Wear them down? Just push them around for 60 minutes?

Sounds like the trenches are their strength.

This is the problem with early-season FCS teams- basically every game is either a paycheck game where they're getting pushed around (and we don't know much from it) or them paying a cupcake to come in and take the L from them.

Now, teams are getting a little sample size after this week's games.

from what Ive heard, HCU outplayed em in every facet of the game.

Scoreless through the first quarter. A couple of nice fourth down stops for Lamar. First one kept HCU out of the endzone and the second stopped a drive at the edge of field goal range. Negative side Lamar gave up a couple of big plays. Offense has moved the ball but stalled out in each of their own possessions.

Lamar took the second half kickoff and drove deep into HCU territory, before fumbling the ball at the HCU four-yard line. HCU is making a solid drive aided by some big plays and a Lamar personal foul. The HCU drive stalls out at the Lamar three-yard line ending in a field goal to make the score 14-6 and a one score game. Edited by geezer

Lamar forces a HCU fumble at the Lamar 46 to stop a drive with 11:46 left in the game. Lamar is unable to take advantage of the turnover going three and out but getting a good punt to force HCU to take over at their own two-yard line with 10:43 left in the game. Edited by geezer

HCU drives 98 yards to score aided by a Lamar pass interference penalty. HCU tried a two point conversion, but an offensive pass interference penalty negates the attempt and HCU settles for a kick pat to close the gap to eight points 21-13. 7:45 left in the game.

Lamar has another critical fumble turning the ball over to HCU. HCU takes advantage with a touchdown to draw within two points. HCU tries a two point conversion, but the call on the field is a failed attempt. Replay taking another look.

Lamar forces HCU into a 3rd and 10 at their own twenty but a Lamar penalty gives HCU a first down. Lamar holds HCU at the thirty including a fourth down attempt to take over the ball at the HCU seventeen following a big sack on the HCU fourth down.