PDA

View Full Version : Lamar vs South Alabama Weather

txchaser91
09-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Well after several days of heavy rainfall across most of Alabama last weekend, the weather looks great for Lamar's 2nd game of the season. Dry air is abundant across most of the Southeastern States and im going to to say Kickoff Temperatures will be around 84 degrees with mainly sunny skies. As the game progresses it will gradually get cooler, middle 70's. Many of you are wondering about the field conditions. We are in early September, yes there's been a lot of rainfall in that area but as dry as it has been (Dew Points in the lower 50's to near 49 degrees, and with humidity around 25 to 35%) coupled with the strong Sun angle, I doubt there will be any problems. I just recommend you bring your sunglasses and a hat and prepare for a great game!

Mike
09-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Well after several days of heavy rainfall across most of Alabama last weekend, the weather looks great for Lamar's 2nd game of the season. Dry air is abundant across most of the Southeastern States and im going to to say Kickoff Temperatures will be around 84 degrees with mainly sunny skies. As the game progresses it will gradually get cooler, middle 70's. Many of you are wondering about the field conditions. We are in early September, yes there's been a lot of rainfall in that area but as dry as it has been (Dew Points in the lower 50's to near 49 degrees, and with humidity around 25 to 35%) coupled with the strong Sun angle, I doubt there will be any problems. I just recommend you bring your sunglasses and a hat and prepare for a great game!

Thanks for joining and providing the updates txchaser.

CardAmbassador
09-08-2011, 09:39 PM

Thanks for joining and providing the updates txchaser.

I second that, thanks for joining and providing weather updates on NFL, Lamar and HS football. I'm very happy to hear weather will not affect our evaluations of the QB's and other team positions this week.

Go Big Red!