PDA

View Full Version : BRI's LU vs USA Predictions

Mike
09-09-2011, 08:32 PM
LINK: LU vs USA (http://bigredinsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=398&catid=1)

Thoughts?

Big T
09-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Love those weights with Offencive line vs Defencive Line. We should be able to open holes and get in the secondary of USA. If that happens then goodnight the game is going to be over.

CardAmbassador
09-09-2011, 08:52 PM
I agree with myself. :)

No but seriously Mike made a good point about the line and it's experience. The new faces on LU's O line are experienced guys that most teams in the country wouldn't mind having (Campbell, Oden) Then you have our most consistent players from last year (Gillam, Bailey, Epple) weighing us down on the other side.

If you look at the box score for last years game it's easy to see that LU was digging deep just to put people on the field against the Jags. We're not in that position this year, our team is almost 100% healthy. There were alot of starters on the lines (Adren Dorsey) and other guys like Hayes that didn't get a shot at USA last year.

Plus last year they outweighed us, now it's the other way around. Say what you want but it helps to have a bigger guy on the line because it's harder for a tackle to have their way.

coachacola
09-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I think Mike and Nick make two good points. Lamar should be stronger in the trenches and they won't fumble the ball 4 times like last year. Also, Johnson should see a lot of action at QB so Lamar should be able to score some points this year. Lamar by 7, 24-17, and Garrett will get 100 yards rushing.

Big T
09-09-2011, 08:58 PM
What is really going to be fun is watching JJ in the Wild Card formation running it three or four time then showing it again and heaving it 50 yards down feild for a completion. If andre just learned how to stand in the pocket and not throw on the run all the time we could have an amazing duo between those two. But i really wish they would pick one and stick with him.

coachacola
09-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Between the weather and the opponent, Lamar kept their game plan real simple against Texas College: just run. The offense should be a lot more wide open against South Alabama. I think that's why Bevil and Johnson are the main QBs, they can run and that opens up the offense even more and puts more pressure on the defense.

bigred360
09-09-2011, 09:09 PM
For the reasons already stated by others I'll take Lamar on the road by 3. 24-21 final.

Vroo
09-09-2011, 09:24 PM
As with any game Lamar has to limit its mistakes. We can't have several costly penalties like we did the other night against Texas college. Granted the game was already in hand and the weather and the first game jitters I'm sure had a lot to do with it but there were big plays called back because of penalties. All in all I think it was a great first game to build on but they will be up against much stiffer competition in this one. Limit the mistakes take advantage of the size and keep up the good work on defense and I think Lamar is in for a great road win. 2-0 to start your second year would be outstanding. I think the D is going to be a great asset to this team. Again I know it was only Texas college but I don't remember them moving the ball past the 50 yard line but once Saturday. I think it should be a good game but I think Lamar can be successful and chalk up another W this week. Already have the DVR set to record (will watch it live but want to be able to go back and watch again to catch anything I may miss the first time through).

lcm2007ms
09-09-2011, 11:30 PM
For the reasons already stated by others I'll take Lamar on the road by 3. 24-21 final.

I've heard several close scores. I hope we don't have to rely on our special teams. I'm not comfortable with that yet.

jdcurran235
09-10-2011, 12:00 AM
42 - 37 LU

I think it will be a high scoring game.

CardAmbassador
09-10-2011, 05:27 AM

I've heard several close scores. I hope we don't have to rely on our special teams. I'm not comfortable with that yet.

I think we've definitely improved in that area. Alot of the problems there last year were manufactured by an unhealthy kicker. Sanchez is now the starter for kickoffs and appears to have a much better leg.

I'm not completely comfortable yet, but we have definitely improved. I have a hard time seeing either team blow the other out, I think the game will be a close one.

AggiesAreWe
09-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Lamar 24
S. Alabama 21

Bevil and Johnson combine for 300 yards passing, 100 yards rushing.

Player of game

JJ Hayes

Big T
09-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Lamar 35
USA 24

After lastnight (the Nederland game and the ASU game) I do not want another close game. Lets get out there get a lead and keep it at a comfortable margin.

GO CARDS

LU4LIFE
09-10-2011, 02:50 PM
LAMAR 31
USA 21