PDA

View Full Version : LHN and LU?

jdcurran235
09-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Do you think that LU could get a contract like UTSA did to get any of their games broadcast-ed on the LHN? I think UTSA has a five game agreement.

Gtj007
09-10-2011, 04:01 AM
UTSA is part of the UT system. Lamar is not. So I doubt that would ever happen.

CardAmbassador
09-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Yeah, I don't see the LHN putting games of LU up since we're not in the UT system

I'm not a fan of being on another schools network, we would have to subscribe to LHN and we already have too many fans that can't give their undivided attention to the Cards.

coachacola
09-10-2011, 12:56 PM
At this point in time I bet FOX 4 and SLC TV has more viewers than the LHN.:)

AggiesAreWe
09-10-2011, 01:20 PM

EXACTLY!!!:laugh:

BTW CA, I got a lot of me to go around.;) :)

TBonesLU
09-10-2011, 01:26 PM

I think he was talking about others in particular. And I'll just say, there are some negative guys over there on the SETXsports board. Are they really fans? I realize the way Texas high school football runs through SE Texans' blood, but my God! I hope I wasn't too abrasive over there, but some of those guys need to not talk. You and WOSgrad had some good points. I could not be happier with how Woodard has handled this team in his two years.

CardAmbassador
09-10-2011, 04:31 PM

I think he was talking about others in particular. And I'll just say, there are some negative guys over there on the SETXsports board. Are they really fans? I realize the way Texas high school football runs through SE Texans' blood, but my God! I hope I wasn't too abrasive over there, but some of those guys need to not talk. You and WOSgrad had some good points. I could not be happier with how Woodard has handled this team in his two years.

Some of them are blinded by their loyalty to their hometown high school. To think that the coaches are risking their career to play favorites is absurd, I realize that it has happened before at other schools but that is not what is happening at the RB or the QB position here at LU. You may not agree with their decision but they're probably making their calls based on their opinion of talent.

AggiesAreWe
09-10-2011, 05:12 PM

Your post was fine TBone, nothing wrong with it, dead on point. Obviously some can't see past there personal problems. To even consider that Woodard plays favorites instead of putting the best players out there in the best interest of Lamar winning games, is ludicrous.

There is a handful of "fans" that has a personal vendetta and will post negative comments no matter the situation (seen plenty on this board as well as SETX). Like CA has stated before and I totally agree with, it's about the team success, not your personal favorite player's success, that should be emphasized.

I know I post a lot about Jeremy and my thoughts on him eventually being the starting QB, but you don't see me whining about him not starting. If Bevil gives us the best chance to win, then so be it. Jeremy's time will come.

TBonesLU
09-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Do you think that LU could get a contract like UTSA did to get any of their games broadcast-ed on the LHN? I think UTSA has a five game agreement.

To tell you the truth, I hope not. If you think about it, UTSA is just reaping the benefits of their big brother, Poppa Austin. For one, we are not part of the UT system, so I don't see it happening. Secondly, I think we should pride ourselves in our individuality and originality. I know that may sound weird, but look at it this way: we are alums of Lamar. We chose to go to LU, not UT, A&M (I'm including CA, because he is clearly not an Aggie), or Baylor, etc. A Longhorn/Bear/Aggie are a dime-a-dozen in this state. Cardinals are not, and we should be proud of that. I'm not saying that I don't hope to one day be a gigantic school that I think Lamar could be. I'm just saying that it's different to be anywhere other than Beaumont and to have attended Lamar. In Dallas, there are a few of us (most of them that I know are friends from back home anyway). Houston may have a few more as well.

I know I'm rambling. My point is...I don't want to see us on the LHN. If one day we are playing UT, then sure. It's good exposure. However, I think we can all agree that it's good to not be a little brother of another school. Even though we are a part of the Texas State system, we were not even related to them until a few years back. The fact that we are not called TSU-Beaumont is a big help in that.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense. I'm just glad to not be in anyone else's shadow. We are Lamar, pride of the Golden Triangle. And we are about to take over Mobile.

CardAmbassador
09-10-2011, 05:38 PM
...I'm just glad to not be in anyone else's shadow. We are Lamar, pride of the Golden Triangle. And we are about to take over Mobile.

Texas Roots, Infinite Possibilities!

And I wasn't talking about you AAW, I'm never going to agree with you about some things (user name, etc.) may seem petty but those type of things just irk me. But I do think that you at least want what is best for Lamar and not Silsbee or some other high school. I'm more talking about people with the user name 'cardinal' that probably need to change it to 'duck' B)

Other programs have 100,000's of devoted fans. I understand that not all of our fans are going to be all about Lamar, but we need more than the couple of hundred or few thousand we have now.

Vroo
09-10-2011, 06:33 PM
...I'm just glad to not be in anyone else's shadow. We are Lamar, pride of the Golden Triangle. And we are about to take over Mobile.

Texas Roots, Infinite Possibilities!

And I wasn't talking about you AAW, I'm never going to agree with you about some things (user name, etc.) may seem petty but those type of things just irk me. But I do think that you at least want what is best for Lamar and not Silsbee or some other high school. I'm more talking about people with the user name 'cardinal' that probably need to change it to 'duck' B)

Other programs have 100,000's of devoted fans. I understand that not all of our fans are going to be all about Lamar, but we need more than the couple of hundred or few thousand we have now.

Hey what's wrong with duck? I like the ducks as well.

CardAmbassador
09-10-2011, 06:35 PM
I was talking about a poster who said that they hoped Oregon came to Beaumont and beat the Cardinals 90-0. I can't support that statement or mentality.

Vroo
09-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I was talking about a poster who said that they hoped Oregon came to Beaumont and beat the Cardinals 90-0. I can't support that statement or mentality.

I'm with you on that. I am a die-hard ducks fan. Grew up in Oregon and love watching the ducks. But if it came down to LU vs. UofO I am Cards all the way. I am an LU alumni and current returning student. LU will always take precedence over any other school. I know what you are saying more people need to be devoted to their school instead of whatever is 'cool' for the moment. Gotta stick to your school no matter what. It's just funny that you said the ducks.

BigRedTrack
09-10-2011, 06:53 PM

And I hope it stays that way!

UTSA will get a deal from the LHN cause the need anything to fill space. Once UTSA gets UT Austin on the schedule and beats the horns, you will have to stay up to 3am to see UTSA even mentioned on that network.