PDA

View Full Version : Big Games in the Future

Cplatt
09-10-2011, 12:36 AM
I know we have already scheduled some big games in the next few years, but if we have a great season, we might be able to schedule more big games. LU VS OKST on ESPN or something like that would be huge. Like i always say, fill the seats and win big and they will come. Any rumors of possible candidates for the future? Realignment will help us slide in somewhere and then bowl games on the horizon. i like it
Cplatt

CardAmbassador
09-10-2011, 05:25 AM
If we're in the FCS we're not going to want to schedule more than 1 FBS game per year, unless the second team isn't very good (Half the Sunbelt, MAC etc.) It hurts your ability to make the playoffs.

We play OKST in 2013. I'm happy with the 1 big game per year model, or the two smaller FBS games per year (Hawaii, La Tech next year) Those games are about exposure. I guarantee you when LU plays TAMU and Baylor in 2014 & 15 it's going to be good for the school because it will get our name out to those fan bases and just having name recognition is valuable.

BigRedTrack
09-10-2011, 07:10 PM
If we're in the FCS we're not going to want to schedule more than 1 FBS game per year, unless the second team isn't very good (Half the Sunbelt, MAC etc.) It hurts your ability to make the playoffs.

We play OKST in 2013. I'm happy with the 1 big game per year model, or the two smaller FBS games per year (Hawaii, La Tech next year) Those games are about exposure. I guarantee you when LU plays TAMU and Baylor in 2014 & 15 it's going to be good for the school because it will get our name out to those fan bases and just having name recognition is valuable.

Agree, Like they say in Hollywood, "Bad publicity is better than no publicity."