PDA

View Full Version : Questions About the Game

coachacola
09-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Like everyone else I'm disappointed in the game. Not so much they lost, but how they lost. Maybe you guys know the answers to these questions:

1. How often did Lamar use the pistol formation? I read that they were going to use it about 70% of the time.

2. The SHSU fans sure were happy when they got rid of Whitten. I'm not sold on him as offensive coordinator and maybe he's not the right guy at Lamar. So far this year and last year the offensive has been terrible in big games.

3. Has the defense taken a step backward? Probably too early to tell, but South Alabama seemed to be able to turn on their offense when they needed to. Maybe Roger Hinshaw leaving will have a bigger impact than what people thought.

4. What's up with the penalties? They had some stupid ones against Texas College but it appears nothing was done about it. Can Woodard correct this?

5. Game preparation. The South Alabama coach was happy their first game was on Thursday night as it gave them more time to prepare. But with Texas College as Lamar's first opponent, shouldn't Lamar have been better prepared for South Alabama? I doubt they had to prepare that much for Texas College.

6. The QB situation. Chris Dabe asked Woodard why he didn't take Bevil out in the second half and Woodard responded that he hadn't done enough bad things to be taken out. WTF? You're team is down 20-0 and the offense is floundering, isn't that enough to warrant a change? I watch UT v BYU last night and the UT offense sucked with Gilbert (he did have to INTs) in the first half. Mack Brown responded by playing 2 QBs in the second half and the offense came alive. Isn't that what a good coach does?

AggiesAreWe
09-12-2011, 12:11 AM
I was a bit surprised that Jeremy didn't see the field more than what he did, particularly since the offense wasn't doing too well.

But, I am not whining about it.;) :laugh:

bigred360
09-12-2011, 12:18 AM
I have a lot of questions but I'll reframe from posting them for a couple of weeks. USA is a FBS school with 20 more players and this is their third season to play. I do realize they played junior colleges and prep schools their first year.

Honestly, I'm too upset about the game to post on this forum about the Cards right now.

lu cards
09-12-2011, 01:13 AM
lamar has invested to much in bringing football back to have performances like this in yr 2.everyone got a free pass last year(coaches,players,admin).not gonna happen this year.woodard has choosen to bring in a lot of juco's and transfers,which im ok with.problem is by going this route he has to field
a competitive team.i didnt say win but rather compete with anyone they step on the field with.im still behind woodard and his staff but they need get this team ready to play against fcs and fbs teams.

CardAmbassador
09-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Gotta agree about the PT for the QB's. I know it's cool to hate on Bevil but I'm not saying that, it seems he didn't do anything to lose the game, yet he didn't do anything to win it either, he wasn't making plays. In the second half bring in a different QB. We're already down big time and playing terribly, roll with something else and see if it works.

We need to be more nimble. I think we have talent but right now it's not put together too well. I think the QB situation has had an effect, we keep hearing how it's not a bad thing to have 3 QB's. Problem is none of them are incredibly strong in all areas, they all have weaknesses. So spreading all those snaps for all these weeks has to have slowed down offensive development and timing between QB's and WR's.

We need to go out next Saturday and have a great game in every single department, no excuses.

smith
09-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Just wish my plans to watch the game panned out to see how we played against solid competition. I gotta say though, the espn android score center app gave a good play by play.

CardAmbassador
09-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Honestly, I'm too upset about the game to post on this forum about the Cards right now.

That's exactly how I felt yesterday. Disappointment was all I was feeling.