PDA

View Full Version : SLC Power Rankings: Week 2

Mike
09-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Some slight movement this week.

LINK: SLC Power Rankings: Week 2 (http://bigredinsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=408&catid=1)

Thoughts?

lu cards
09-13-2011, 01:26 AM
looks good.awesome job!!

CardAmbassador
09-13-2011, 01:32 AM
UCA travels to SHSU, that will be a game to watch.

My predictions are pretty close to this one. Everyone is picking SFA higher than me though. I have them at #4. Not a slight on them, I just think McNeese, UCA and SHSU are better.

JJWooten
09-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Looks a lot like the preseason polls, especially when the gap in # of votes between top 4 and bottom 4. UCA will be a tough match, but we were able to pull off a win in Conway last year. Getting them at home will help out a bunch. They have a knack for winning in Huntsville

coachacola
09-13-2011, 02:19 AM
It's hard to really judge everyone when you see some games against FBS opponents, some against FCS, and some against non-D1 teams. McNeese and SHSU have only had 1 game. At least there will be a few conference games played this week.

SFA Fan
09-13-2011, 02:32 AM
SFA likely to get beat up by Baylor. Baylor is playing "lights out" right now. SFA will plummet in this poll soon. :unsure:

bigred360
09-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Regardless of the Baylor game SFA will still be slightly ahead of SHSU IMO.

Mike
09-13-2011, 02:53 AM
SFA likely to get beat up by Baylor. Baylor is playing "lights out" right now. SFA will plummet in this poll soon. :unsure:

Nah, Northwestern was beat easily by LSU and didnt plummet. If anything a good showing vs a strong BCS school helps improve a teams ranking depending on what everyone else does.

SFA Fan
09-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Just curious: Who are the voters for this poll? I am not asking for names or personal info, I am just curious "who" they are, as in their rolls. Are they directly connected with Lamar, or, perhaps just independent fans of the Cardinal team? How many pollsters are there? Again, just seeking general (not personal) info out of curiosity. Thanks.

Mike
09-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Just curious: Who are the voters for this poll? I am not asking for names or personal info, I am just curious "who" they are, as in their rolls. Are they directly connected with Lamar, or, perhaps just independent fans of the Cardinal team? How many pollsters are there? Again, just seeking general (not personal) info out of curiosity. Thanks.

No problem.

I'm one voter. Last week there was a moderator of the forum as a second voter and 3 members of the local media that were the other 2. There are 5 voters that vote each week and none are employees or directly connected with the University.

SFA Fan
09-13-2011, 03:06 AM
Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Your poll looks pretty accurate to me.

Bearkat 41
09-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Playing the "if" game here. But if SHSU were to beat UCA, and SFA loses to Baylor, what would posses you to think SFA was better than SHSU or several of the other teams in the conference for that matter. They would have one win. A blasting of a terrible team, a home loss to a good FCS team and a road loss to an FBS team. Just curious what your barometer is for making your picks.

SFA Fan
09-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Week 3 coming out soon?