PDA

View Full Version : Woodard seeks QB consistency

AggiesAreWe
09-13-2011, 09:07 PM
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Woodard-seeks-QB-consistency-2168721.php

coachacola
09-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Prewitt isn't even mentioned in the article so it's between Bevil and JJ, and I think this is why:

Bevil showed mobility earlier in the drive when he stepped to his left to avoid defenders and completed an 18-yard pass to Marcus Jackson.

Johnson played only two series against South Alabama. He spun away from a tackler on his first play for a 13-yard run. He later threw a 26-yard touchdown pass to Hayes with 3:53 left.

Johnson attempted only two passes and completed only the one to Hayes. He also ran three times for 15 yards.

Neither quarterback threw an interception or was sacked.

bigred360
09-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Sounds like a worried coach with a two man race for the starting QB position. I still think the practices are closed for two reasons. They are probably going to be a lot harder on mistakes in practice and people could hear a few phrases from the coaching staff that Coach Woodard doesn't want the public or media to witness.

I heard the Ray Woodard radio show last night and he said they will be putting in new packages especially next week with a open date.

Another reason to close practices IMHO.

boomer
09-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Hello WILDCAT. I still don't understand how last year we looked like UfoH from the Early 90's and this year we can establish no consistancy at all.

CardAmbassador
09-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Hello WILDCAT. I still don't understand how last year we looked like UfoH from the Early 90's and this year we can establish no consistancy at all.

I'm not sure either, maybe we ran it so much in practice that JJ Hayes forgot how to catch? HAHA, just kiddin' JJ Hayes is the man!

Go Cards!

CardAmbassador
09-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Neither quarterback threw an interception or was sacked.

Even with our poor performance in the passing game this is definitely something to be happy about. With as much pressure as they were bringing on Bevil (or at least it sounded like they were getting alot of pressure on him) He didn't get sacked, Not surprised Jeremy didn't get sacked. :)