PDA

View Full Version : Lamar QB situation has opposing coach confused

AggiesAreWe
09-14-2011, 02:24 PM
http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/09/14/lamar-qb-situation-has-opposing-coach-confused/

Mike
09-14-2011, 02:28 PM
All the confusion about JJ being listed #3 on here yesterday now hopefully makes sense.

CardAmbassador
09-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Maybe D. Prewitt fans will get to see him in action this week. I'm surprised that JJ moved to the #3 spot, if you're looking for consistency he was pretty consistent in most of his fall practices other than his 3 botch snaps in the second to last scrimmage.

Like the IW coach says though, Woodard might just be messing with his head. Don't be surprised if that type of confusion continues into the first game of the season.

05BigRed
09-14-2011, 02:47 PM
i find it had to believe JJ went to #3 spot...unless he has an attitude problem...that can definately move you down the depth chart...if that is the case, i dont blame woodard...but other than that, it doesnt add up...or he could have a minor injury they are nursing...i personally think the whole QB issue can and has affected the rest of the team as well...pick a started a roll with it...

coachacola
09-14-2011, 03:01 PM
I think the QB situation has Woodard confused!! :sick:

AggiesAreWe
09-14-2011, 03:35 PM
i find it had to believe JJ went to #3 spot...unless he has an attitude problem...that can definately move you down the depth chart...if that is the case, i dont blame woodard...but other than that, it doesnt add up...or he could have a minor injury they are nursing...i personally think the whole QB issue can and has affected the rest of the team as well...pick a started a roll with it...

Trust me, Jeremy doesn't have an attitude problem. Good young man. His father(a minister) wouldn't allow him to have a poor attitude.;)

05BigRed
09-14-2011, 04:10 PM

Trust me, Jeremy doesn't have an attitude problem. Good young man. His father(a minister) wouldn't allow him to have a poor attitude.;)

great to hear...i doubt he is #3 on the depth...we shall find out soon enough!

geezer
09-14-2011, 09:36 PM
It may just be another way to evaluate the qbs. If the plan is to rotate in the first half like they did against TC then the coaching staff would have something a lot closer to an evaluation based on game conditions. They will still have to factor in the bad weather from the TC game.

05BigRed
09-14-2011, 09:47 PM
It may just be another way to evaluate the qbs. If the plan is to rotate in the first half like they did against TC then the coaching staff would have something a lot closer to an evaluation based on game conditions. They will still have to factor in the bad weather from the TC game.

Evidently the coaches weren't evaluating any qb but bevil against usa...

geezer
09-15-2011, 01:12 AM
Probably not, but if I were in their shoes and wanted to look at them then the way the schedule ran I would look to the two games I am sure we should win and rotate during those games. The game against the largest school we play this year would not be where I would go into the game planning to rotate. I would go into that game planning to play the one that has shown the best in practices to this point. I am not a Bevil supporter, but if after spring and preseason practices neither of the young players had distanced themselves ahead of the others it would seem logical to go with the most experienced qb and so far Bevil has not made the mistakes he made last year so I won't debate the coaches descions to date.

boomer
09-15-2011, 01:17 AM
HELL YEA OF COURSE THEY ARE! HOW COULD THEY NOT BE, WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON AND WE FOLLOW IT YEAR ROUND!

CardAmbassador
09-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Probably not, but if I were in their shoes and wanted to look at them then the way the schedule ran I would look to the two games I am sure we should win and rotate during those games. The game against the largest school we play this year would not be where I would go into the game planning to rotate. I would go into that game planning to play the one that has shown the best in practices to this point. I am not a Bevil supporter, but if after spring and preseason practices neither of the young players had distanced themselves ahead of the others it would seem logical to go with the most experienced qb and so far Bevil has not made the mistakes he made last year so I won't debate the coaches descions to date.

Thank you this is the most reasonable post I've seen about this issue in a while. I agree with everything you said.

And since Incarnate Word is a small school I bet we see more than one QB after the first half.

BigRedTrack
09-15-2011, 03:21 AM
I just hope UIW coach is even more confused come 11pm Saturday.

NorthoftheBorder
09-15-2011, 03:25 AM
I would say that the IW coach can't be anymore confused that the Lamar fans! :unsure:

Big T
09-15-2011, 03:29 AM
I don't know if i'm more confused or frusterated. Bevil hasn't looked good for two games and JJ hasn't shown me anything but he also hasn't had much of a chance and Prewitt pretty much hasn't had a chance at all and he may be the best pure passer we have. The only problem with him is he doesn't have excapeability which the other two do. This whole thing is just frusterating as well as confusing.

boomer
09-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Why does Prewitt need escapability with our huge new beefed up line. All of the Qb's are going to need at least three seconds to pass. Get someone in there who can read a coverage take a snap and make the call. We should have had this figured out by now this is no way to go into the season. I hate to say this and don't say you were not thinking it. This is the types of problems that get coaches fired. The entire city is fired up by a new program and we are lossing games in really bad ways. I ask you did anyone look at the QB box scores for the games any game. This is not good stuff.

#5 Bevil, Andre Comp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Sack-Yds Effic
Texas College 3-9-0 33.3 50 0 30 0-0 80.00
South Alabama 6-18-0 33.3 97 0 45 0-0 78.60
TOTALS 9-27-0 33.3 147 0 45 0-0 79.07

#19 Johnson, Jeremy Comp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Sack-Yds Effic
Texas College 3-6-0 50.0 57 0 28 1-0 129.80
South Alabama 1-2-0 50.0 26 1 26 0-0 324.20
TOTALS 4-8-0 50.0 83 1 28 1-0 178.40

#17 Prewitt, Doug Comp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Sack-Yds Effic
Texas College 1-2-0 50.0 4 0 4 1-5 66.80
TOTALS 1-2-0 50.0 4 0 4 1-5 66.80

The one thing I want you to look at is no interceptions. The reads are good by the QB's is it the play calling? I ask you this did the recievers get worse over the summer, if so that bad?
Look we can't run and now we can't pass. We are going backwards in the second year and nothing is jelling as we move into the season. This is the worst possible scenario. One a choice must be made good or bad it has to be done. Two stick with it and let it be behind you. I don't want to hear well we want the best choice. To late to late for that we have to move now.#19 Johnson, Jeremy has to be on the field , but that doesn't mean at QB. Put him in the slot and watch how an elite Athlete works for you. Bevil or Prewitt both have two years in the system pick one now let them know he's the man and let's win some football games!

theTestament
09-15-2011, 04:07 AM

This is the problem with Qb controversies. You have the entire offseason to evaluate your talent and pick a starter. It needs to be done so the rest of the team can get behind that guy and gain confidence in him. I can imagine there is a lot of locker room talk about who should get the nod. Your QB is the leader and without a definitive selection, the rest of the team starts to question the coaches. Look at other teams with these issues, they are going nowhere and fast. Its about chemistry. QB to WR chemistry, lineman building a pocket chemistry, and most importantly, team chemistry with a leader. This Qb situation should have been settled a long long time ago and needs to get done now. The longer it takes, the less chemistry we will have going into conference play. Keep letting it linger and see how divided that locker room ends up.

05BigRed
09-15-2011, 11:18 AM

This is the problem with Qb controversies. You have the entire offseason to evaluate your talent and pick a starter. It needs to be done so the rest of the team can get behind that guy and gain confidence in him. I can imagine there is a lot of locker room talk about who should get the nod. Your QB is the leader and without a definitive selection, the rest of the team starts to question the coaches. Look at other teams with these issues, they are going nowhere and fast. Its about chemistry. QB to WR chemistry, lineman building a pocket chemistry, and most importantly, team chemistry with a leader. This Qb situation should have been settled a long long time ago and needs to get done now. The longer it takes, the less chemistry we will have going into conference play. Keep letting it linger and see how divided that locker room ends up.

THANK YOU! Finally someone understands where I'm coming from. I agree 100% with this.

CardAmbassador
09-16-2011, 01:55 PM

THANK YOU! Finally someone understands where I'm coming from. I agree 100% with this.

How many people think we will ever hear "having more than one QB is a good problem to have?" I bet he is so sick and tired of this too. I agree that this has at least had an effect on WR QB chemistry, splitting the snaps three ways all the way until the first game of the season is something that sounds rare to me.

Can't wait to see who ends up as the #1 QB. GO BIG RED!!