PDA

View Full Version : Incarnate Word Report Card

Mike
09-20-2011, 02:04 AM
Grades are now posted.

LINK: http://bigredinsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=417&catid=1

Thoughts?

bigred360
09-20-2011, 02:06 AM
That was very well thought out and I agree with the grades. Gotta improve on defense and special teams!!!

geezer
09-20-2011, 02:15 AM
Over all I agree with the assessment. There may be injuries that I am not aware of that are hurting the defenses performance and if that is the case then hopefully they get healthy with the bye week. Other wise either the overall assessment of the talent level of the defense is off base or there is something missing in the defensive schemes that Lamar is running. I have seen it where the defensive play calling puts the defense in the wrong spot and if you are stunting away from the play then it is nearly impossible to stop a play. I would have thought Lamar would have had the speed and talent to play a lot tighter on IWs receivers.

bigred360
09-20-2011, 02:20 AM
2 DB's got hurt and Branden Thomas has yet to play so you can say the secondary is playing short 3 starters. I think that would effect the type of coverage used for any team.

We were playing with on walk-on in the secondary.

CardAmbassador
09-20-2011, 01:59 PM
I would rate the secondary lower and I agree with everything else, I might even bump the QB's and RB's up to B+ and B respectively.