PDA

View Full Version : does lamar have the best game day atmosphere in the southland???

lu cards
09-21-2011, 03:10 AM
from the tailgating to the golf carts,live bands,fireworks,etc.can anyone match it?ive been to sfa and mcneese and lamar is right there.se la looks weak on video and nichols doesnt turn out for anything.sam??ill find out in few weeks.with a little more retail around campus i think we may have the best around..

LU4LIFE
09-21-2011, 03:45 AM
I haven't experienced the game day atmosphere of any of the other SLC schools except McNeese last year, but I would have to think that LAMAR's would be near the top if not the best in the SLC. IMO we have the best :)

TBonesLU
09-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Great topic! This is the kind of thing that gets people going to the games! Because really whether or not the team is winning, if people can't have fun at the game one way or another, there would be no reason to go.

I haven't been to a home game yet (I only made the McNeese game last year). From what it looks like, we have a great atmosphere around. Don't forget the fact that we have the largest crowds in the SLC. It's what the program needs...repeat fans who will attend every game regardless of opponents.

Lamar Pride
09-21-2011, 05:39 PM
The only other SLC tailgating I've witnessed was McNeese. We may not be at their level yet, but we're well on our way. I thought our tailgating last weekend was a blast and we had to leave at 5:00 to go to a wedding. Hell, the fact that my wife and I went to the tailgating for 4 hours when we knew we weren't staying for the game tells you something about our atmosphere. I didn't walk over to the north side of the stadium, but our back row on the south side was rocking when we left. I understand it only got better. I tell every person I talk to that they are missing a great time if they're not going to the tailgating and games.

We should all be spreading the word. Undoubtedly, the people on this board will be showing up at games and tailgating. To push our program to the next level we need to get as many of the casual LU supporters fired up about LU Sports.

CardinalClaw
09-21-2011, 05:43 PM
I don't want to say their is not another SLC school with game day atmosphere as good as LAMAR but I would find it hard to believe any of theirs is better then LU's.

LU1991
09-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I haven't seen anything in the SLC that beats Lamars gameday atmosphere. I talked to a guy from Ohio while tailgating this past Saturday and he was very impressed by the business participation with the tailgating. Every business that has anything going for it in Southeast Texas has a tent up. Lamar did their homework when organizing the tailgating spots and making it a Family event.

Many people come out just to tailgate. If we put up a few more W's, they will come into "The Cage".

kingkat99
09-21-2011, 07:04 PM
I would say that Lamar is well on their way to the top and the only reason you arent tops now is that Mcneese has a 20 year head start on you but its already a tough call...Sam Houston is weak sauce and you will be disappointed in a few weeks. We tailgate there but the school has yet to embrace it and at times has made you wonder if they were trying to kill it all together....

CardAmbassador
09-22-2011, 03:20 PM
I have only been to the McNeese and SFA stadiums and I would say we definitely top SFA in terms of experience but I think MSU still has us beat, but like everyone else has said we are well on our way.

One thing I would like to see is us be more open to the idea of camping out over night in RV's for tailgating. I still don't understand LU's impetus for banning this.

bigred360
09-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Agree with you CA as I think having a bunch of RV's tailgaiting overnight would only add to the tailgating experience.

Use your connections with the administration and get this changed. ;)

Rev at lumberjackfans.com
09-22-2011, 05:12 PM
SFA took the tailgating out of the parking lot and set it up in the grass areas around the stadium.

It's great due to tailgating under the pines...I enjoy it much better than the old LumberjackAlley.

I'll see about yours on Nov 5

CardAmbassador
09-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Agree with you CA as I think having a bunch of RV's tailgaiting overnight would only add to the tailgating experience.

Use your connections with the administration and get this changed. ;)

I was actually planning on asking Dr. Simmons about this when I go to the Red Room for basketball in the spring. I got an invite. :)

bigred360
09-22-2011, 06:51 PM
SFA took the tailgating out of the parking lot and set it up in the grass areas around the stadium.

It's great due to tailgating under the pines...I enjoy it much better than the old LumberjackAlley.

I'll bet you $100 we have better tailgating than the Jacks! LOL

kingkat99
09-22-2011, 09:52 PM

That's one way to keep from paying him that c-note come Nov. 5th....lol

bigred360
09-23-2011, 12:02 AM

That's one way to keep from paying him that c-note come Nov. 5th....lol

KK99, you read my mind. I'm trying to keep my money!!! LOL