PDA

View Full Version : SLC Power Rankings: Week 3

Mike
09-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Here they are:

LINK: http://bigredinsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=420:slc-power-rankings-week-3&catid=1:latest-news

Thoughts?

SFA Fan
09-21-2011, 03:00 PM
At this point I think McNeese wins the SLC and gets into the playoffs. My head tells me its Sam, but my gut says McNeese. I listen to my gut (its more accurate!). Incidentally, I believe SFA will be the best SLC team at the end of the season, but won't be in the playoffs.

This is a transition year for SFA. Early troubles but better later.

TBonesLU
09-21-2011, 03:06 PM
At this point I think McNeese wins the SLC and gets into the playoffs. My head tells me its Sam, but my gut says McNeese. I listen to my gut (its more accurate!). Incidentally, I believe SFA will be the best SLC team at the end of the season, but won't be in the playoffs.

This is a transition year for SFA. Early troubles but better later.

It's good to know there are fans out there for other schools that are humble enough to overcome any "homer" feelings deep down. I honestly will be ecstatic if Lamar gets 3 wins in the SLC slate and happy with two. We'll see how it plays out.

JJWooten
09-21-2011, 04:11 PM
How are the teams assigned points in the polling position? From what I can tell, first place gets 8, second gets 7. Does that continue all the way down like a traditional Borda count?

CardAmbassador
09-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I agree with everything except the 1 & 2. Right now I think SHSU should be #1 and McNeese #2.

I didn't vote this week btw. :)

JJ, I believe it is a borda count. At least it looks that way.