PDA

View Full Version : Mike Venson Stopping By Sports Talk Tonight

Davis
09-23-2011, 04:53 PM
TGIF Cardinal Nation.... Fred Davis here, and I wanted to give everyone a quick program note for tonight on Sports Talk with Fred Davis - Cardinals Running Back Mike Venson is one of our guest's tonight, slated to come on at 6:30 to talk well, Lamar football and I'm probably going to ask him why he wears #8... We've also got David Henry from the Beaumont Enterprise coming on at 6:12 to talk high school football tonight and then Boomer and Mitch will be there too to add comic relief and maybe even provide a decent sports take from time to time.. Me? I just try to keep it all together... So check us out, tonight, 6pm on 1300 AM or online at www.mykset.com - phone number is 409-898-4400 - look forward to everybody checking in with the show - and if you've got questions and don't feel like calling in - just leave a question on this thread... Thanks again...

CardAmbassador
09-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Great, after watching the IWU game last night I feel like Mike is going to do well for us this year at RB position. Excited for the show.

coachacola
09-23-2011, 05:23 PM
You're doing a great job Mr. Davis covering Lamar football. Maybe you can shed some light on what Chris Dabe brought up about Woodard not knowing two of his best defensive players were not in the lineup to start the game. It appears that the defense is a mess right now.

Mike
09-23-2011, 05:33 PM
You're doing a great job Mr. Davis covering Lamar football. Maybe you can shed some light on what Chris Dabe brought up about Woodard not knowing two of his best defensive players were not in the lineup to start the game. It appears that the defense is a mess right now.

Trust me when I say Woodard knows who is on the field, especially if Jacody isnt. There are some things he chooses not to give to the media, no matter how hard they attempt to press.

bigred360
09-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Mr Davis, I've had to privilege of listening to a couple of your shows and they are both entertaining and informative.

My questions would be to Mike Venson, what was it like playing high school football in Katy, Texas? His original commitment to TCU and his listed 4.4 forty time in recruiting profiles? What happened with running a 4.6 in the spring (was he injured)? Because he looks faster than 4.6 on the field. Finally, why he chose Lamar after just one season at Blinn?

Thanks and I'll be listening on-line tonight!

Mike
09-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Mike Venson will be a guest on the show tonight.

Click Link to listen online: http://clients.globaldatalink.net/kset/live.htm

Post your questions here or call in the show!

coachacola
09-24-2011, 03:15 AM
I listened online and apparently Mike Venson didn't make it to the studios but it was still a good show. They said Coleman was a little banged up and that's why he didn't start against IWU.

bigred360
09-24-2011, 02:12 PM
I listened too and it was a great show. Mr Davis and his partner said the same things about the O-line, the running game, Bevil and Jeremy Johnson that I've posted yet Boomer didn't seem to want to debate those guys on air. Just a little funny.

As for Coleman, maybe he was banged up but he sure played the majority of the rest of the game including the INT that helped seal the victory for Lamar.