PDA

View Full Version : Exam on RB Garrett's shoulder 'inconclusive'

BRI Staff
09-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Ray Woodard declined Thursday to talk about the health of DePauldrick Garrett, saying only that an examination on the junior running back's left shoulder was "inconclusive."

"We don't know anything yet," Woodard added during his lone weekly media conference at the Lamar athletic complex. "Even if we do, we wouldn't tell you anything anyway."
Garrett hurt the shoulder on a dive into the end zone in the first quarter of Saturday's 45-35 victory against Incarnate Word. He watched the rest of the game from the sideline with his arm in a sling.

The potential loss of Garrett could leave Lamar without a key player at one of its most improved positions. Garrett's 198 yards and five touchdowns are both team highs. He also has three catches for 45 yards, including a 30-yard gain on a screen pass in which he ran behind left guard Daniel Campbell as he motored down the left sideline.

Garrett has two weeks between games to get healthy.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Exam-on-RB-Garrett-s-shoulder-inconclusive-2184791.php#ixzz1YnxXcFyp

bigred360
09-23-2011, 06:26 PM
I think this is great news because if it was a grade IV or V it would have shown up clearly on an MRI.

I think it is possible he'll be ready with a special shoulder harness and possibly pain medication for SE Louisiana.

Yes, if a MD RX's pain medication he can take it before the game.

CardAmbassador
09-23-2011, 06:49 PM
I suspect it was probably coach not wanting to talk about it that lead him to say inconclusive. I hope DPG is OK. He looked fine after it happened.

If he is still hurting at SELU I would say its worth it to sit him. Venson is good and Logan should be back. No reason to risk a season ending injury if it's not back to normal.

bigred360
09-23-2011, 06:58 PM
CA, it won't be back to normal for 5-6 weeks even if it was a minor shoulder separation. The AC ligaments take time to heal.

That is why if you have a shoulder separation once it is easier to happen a second time.

McNeese75
09-26-2011, 02:26 PM
One of our 4 RB's had the same injury at Kansas and played Saturday night. Unfortunately he went down again and had his arm in a sling after that. I doubt he will be back at full speed this season (strictly my opinion). A shoulder injury is tough for a RB, LB, (well I guess any player for that matter)