Woodard Takes Blame for Loss

BRI Staff

How can Woodard get better first-half performances?

“That’s something we’ve got to meet about,” Woodard said of his coaching staff. “Two weeks in a row I don’t think we’ve given our team a chance to win ballgames in the first half. We played hard, so hard, in the second half of games. We’ve at least played with teams in the second half.”

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/10/15/woodard-takes-blame-for-loss-at-texas-state/

Guest CardAmbassador

That was a poor start. I was pretty upset with our inability to do anything against TxSt until the last 5 minutes of the second Quarter. It was like we were waiting to be down by 35 before we tried to start playing.

Hopefully the coaches take this seriously and give us a chance to win against UCA.

There is always a chance to win. The team has all the talent in the world needed to win a game. It does come down to a matter of coaching whenever the time comes to switch some players around. The game only gets better when smarter decisions are made. If the team and the coaching itself stays complacent, then the games will too.

My favorite school, favorite coaches, and favorite team, but we have to pick it up.

I think this ties in with starting Jeremy Johnson. He brings more energy to the team and in the last two games the offense has struggled in the first half, and since Lamar's defense isn't that good, they are in a big hole by half time. By starting Jeremy Johnson, they could play with more intensity and score some points early to take the pressure off the defense.

Guest CardAmbassador
woodard gets a pass this year.next year will be a different story. i bet we have a full time def cordinator next.

We really need one of those, I wasn't sure about our defense until now, I do think we might have made a step back from last year, and that's hard to believe considering we are definitely more talented in every position on defense this year.

defense played really well the last 4 or 5 games last year.with almost everyone back i really thought we would be better defensively.only thing that has changed is the coaching.def coord was let go and woodard took over that role.doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out.but like i said next year the pressure is on.

Guest CardAmbassador
There is always a chance to win. The team has all the talent in the world needed to win a game. It does come down to a matter of coaching whenever the time comes to switch some players around. The game only gets better when smarter decisions are made. If the team and the coaching itself stays complacent, then the games will too.

My favorite school, favorite coaches, and favorite team, but we have to pick it up.

Well said, we definitely have more talent than what we did last year. I think my expectations for this year were different from some other fans. I expected a more competitive team, I knew we were going to lose and honestly being 3-3 at this point in the season is not a shock. but I am shocked that we are not making our games more interesting for our opponents, this is a huge surprise.

Anyways I expect to see some changes after Woodards comments in this press conference.

Can't wait for Homecoming!! Go CARDS!!

Guest bigred360

I think his comments are a set in the right direction as I was tired of hearing how great the other team was after losing a football game.

Man up and then you demand the same from your players.