NFL DRAFT Starts Today. Best of Luck to JJ Hayes and Marcus Jackson

Guest mendelj

Guest CardAmbassador

Keeping my fingers crossed that just maybe MJ will go in the 7th.

Don't think there is a chance of JJ being drafted, but very good chance of him doing something as an undrafted free agent.

I'm hoping for the best for both.

Guest CardAmbassador
Best of Luck to our local stars

Don't know if id say stars, but good players for sure. Good luck

I think a key word there was local. Both are stars to me.

Guest CardAmbassador
Why do you think Marcus has a better chance than JJ?

Both were equal in about everything they did on the field like route running, displaying good hands etc. except the empirical things like speed. Marcus Jackson has speed that is better than alot of really good players entering this draft, his weakness is strength. But other than that he might look like a good prospect in the 7th round. JJ will have to be faster if he wants to impact the next level. You can only box people out if you have position on them and the corner backs at the next level are much bigger and faster so his skills will not translate as well without some speed.

edit: and I'm no expert, I could be dead wrong, I for one hope both get on a team and do well for themselves, very deserving guys as I've had a chance to speak with both of them briefly.

Because he's better

He wasn't a more productive player or "better" than JJ in college, but JJ's 40 time really hurt his chances of being drafted. The NFL guys don't seem to watch college film as much as they prefer to watch the guys perform drills with the pads off. This is the reason a guy like Ryan Tannehill who wasnt even a starter at QB until his senior season and took a preseason top 10 team to a .500 record will be drafted #8 by Miami when he's at best a 2nd round guy IMO.

Guest CardAmbassador

Because he's better

He wasn't a more productive player or "better" than JJ in college, but JJ's 40 time really hurt his chances of being drafted. The NFL guys don't seem to watch college film as much as they prefer to watch the guys perform drills with the pads off. This is the reason a guy like Ryan Tannehill who wasnt even a starter at QB until his senior season and took a preseason top 10 team to a .500 record will be drafted #8 by Miami when he's at best a 2nd round guy IMO.

When Marcus was healthy I would call them equal for what they did on the field. I think Marcus has better hands but JJ is better at going and getting the ball. I remember JJ dropping alot of easy passes too, I think that hurts him a bit as well.

Guest McneeseKilla
marcus is better. You are right about tanehill though he shouldn't be going #3 out of the qbs. Weeden and russel wilson should go befor him.

Guest McneeseKilla
jj is a better football player than jackson.hands down.no discussion.i hope both players get a chance but when lu needed a catch they went to jj.

Not a chance

Guest mendelj
He's better? Yea, right. Both are equally good, each possessing some individual, higher quality skills over the other. If they both make it, the cream is going to rise to the top just like it did here at Lamar.

Guest McneeseKilla
He's better? Yea, right. Both are equally good, each possessing some individual, higher quality skills over the other. If they both make it, the cream is going to rise to the top just like it did here at Lamar.

Marcus is better all they way

Marcus is better all they way

Ok you're either Marcus Jackson or his cousin or something. I really like Marcus and feel he's better equipped to be drafted this weekend but to say hes better than JJ all the way is just blind homerism. if he was better all the way he wouldnt have had nearly half the receptions and 600 yards less of receiving yards while at Lamar. This shouldnt be a Marcus vs JJ debate that youve attempted to turn it into because both are now former CArdinals that we should want to succeed.

Okay still not changing my stance on the situation.

you don't have to because everyone can have an opnion but I'm betting if JJ ran the 40 time that Marcus ran at Pro Day he would've been drafted higher than Marcus Jackson and that's not intended to be a slight to you Marcus or Mr. Jackson or Marcus cousin.

Guest McneeseKilla
My opinion has nothing to do with the 40 dude like all you other bozos. And by the way marcus if you ever get on this site and see this I'm sorry that I've caused this to make them think this is you or your cousin or your father.

My opinion has nothing to do with the 40 dude like all you other bozos. And by the way marcus if you ever get on this site and see this I'm sorry that I've caused this to make them think this is you or your cousin or your father.

Then what does it have to do with Mcneese? I havent read anyone here compare Marcus's speed and athleticm with JJ Hayes but there is no comparison in their on field contributions which is a big part of being a football player. Marcus is physically better suited to be an NFL draftee but he was NOT a better overall football player for Lamar University than JJ Hayes. The statistics speak for themselves.

Guest CardAmbassador

Then what does it have to do with Mcneese? I havent read anyone here compare Marcus's speed and athleticm with JJ Hayes but there is no comparison in their on field contributions which is a big part of being a football player. Marcus is physically better suited to be an NFL draftee but he was NOT a better overall football player for Lamar University than JJ Hayes. The statistics speak for themselves.

Marcus Jackson did not get as much time to play. They both had huge catches at critical points in games. IMO neither one has much of an edge on the other. Marcus just has a much more translatable 40 time which will help him possibly get drafted, but that is still a long shot. Both will probably need to go the undrafted free agent way. I think both will be on a team at least for one year.

I hope they surprise us all and do far better than anyone is expecting.

Guest bigred360
It really doesn't matter at this point as they are headed for another level. I wish them both success and hope they make it in the NFL or the CFL. You can have a nice career up north!