BREAKING: Jeremy Johnson Transferring

Guest CardAmbassador

Leaving again. Down to 2 QBs

Wow, I kind of suspected he wouldn't be the QB this year, but very surprised he is leaving, he should have stayed and moved to receiver, he would be a NFL prospect at receiver.

Well it's Berry or Moss for the starting gig now.

Wow, guess he wasn't going to be the starter next year! The freshman QB from Louisiana probably won't be redshirting now.

Tweets from Chris Dabe:

Woodard said a couple weeks ago he would determine a No. 1 QB in a couple weeks. So I'm guessing that's what he did. Just a guess.

I'm guessing Lamar coach Ray Woodard tabbed Ryan Mossakowski as the starter, and Jeremy Johnson said, "I'm outta here."

Link: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050112aaa.html

Guest CardAmbassador

I beat you Mike by 25 seconds lol ;)

Hear he is going JUCO.

I think he is making a mistake, he should just go ahead and move to receiver here at Lamar, Marcus already showed you can make it to NFL at the receiver position here.

I wish the best for him wherever he ends up.

Guest CardAmbassador

Here are some updates from Dabe:

Jeremy Johnson told Woodard his decision to transfer yesterday. "Seemed like he had his mind made up before we met," Woodard said. #BEscores

Woodard had not yet determined depth chart from the spring. Liked all three QBs, he said. Lamar has one freshman coming in. #BEscores

Lamar has lost 3 QBs since last season: Harrison Tatum and Doug Prewitt stopped playing. Now Jeremy Johnson transferring.

Johnson could've been a heck of a swing type back similar to what Texas had with Ramonce Taylor back in 2005 because he's great running the football in space. I'm guessing he had no desire to change positions.

I do respect his quick decision to move on if that's what he wants to do. These kids only have a handful of years to play football so they need to do what makes them happy.

I wish him luck and I'm pulling for him.

Guest bigred360
Really surprising to me a star athlete like this first transfers from a FBS program and then a FCS program. There is a word coming to mind. If you start something you should not ___!

Not really happy about Jeremy leaving. Personally, I think he should have stuck it out.

It's my understanding Jeremy will be going JUCO which will enable him to play immediately next season and still have 2 years to play at a four year school.

As for the JUCO he will be attending, not final yet, but believe it will be Blinn.

Not really happy about Jeremy leaving. Personally, I think he should have stuck it out.

It's my understanding Jeremy will be going JUCO which will enable him to play immediately next season and still have 2 years to play at a four year school.

As for the JUCO he will be attending, not final yet, but believe it will be Blinn.

No shot for Navarro?

No shot for Navarro?

I wouldn't rule out Navarro, but I heard it was Blinn.

Really surprising to me a star athlete like this first transfers from a FBS program and then a FCS program. There is a word coming to mind. If you start something you should not ___!

It shouldn't be. We had the same thing happen last year with Tyrik Rollison. He was a star QB coming out of the Dallas area and went to play at Auburn. Redshirted that year, wasn't happy, came back to Texas to SHSU. He didn't even make it to the fall camp before transferring down to Tyler Junior College. At least you got JJ for one year.

It shouldn't be. We had the same thing happen last year with Tyrik Rollison. He was a star QB coming out of the Dallas area and went to play at Auburn. Redshirted that year, wasn't happy, came back to Texas to SHSU. He didn't even make it to the fall camp before transferring down to Tyler Junior College. At least you got JJ for one year.

Turns out you guys never needed Rollison so things worked out just fine.

Turns out you guys never needed Rollison so things worked out just fine.

Maybe you guys won't need JJ? Better that he's out now instead of a week before school starts.