WR Kevin Johnson signs with Lamar

Mike

Let me elaborate, he is short some hours and our staff is not confident he can make them up. No jabs this time just stating what I was told by one of our coaches. I see even after not posting for 6 months some things never change here.

Sounds reasonable. Thanks for the additional info.

I agree. Any idea what his major is? I don't think schools have the exact same requirements, and it's possible he may be pursuing a different major at Lamar so he can qualify more easily.

Let me elaborate, he is short some hours and our staff is not confident he can make them up. No jabs this time just stating what I was told by one of our coaches. I see even after not posting for 6 months some things never change here.

:o :o

Yeah, because we're so mean and unreasonable and your the most rational kind person ever.

I was thinking more like so sensitive than so mean, but whatever.

Guest NorthoftheBorder

Johnson visited other schools which one which was Sam Houston State but he chose Lamar. This was a good pickup in an obvious position of need for the Cardinals.

This is a great pick up for you guys. I know our staff was very disappointed when they were told he was not academically eligible to come to Sam and it would have been an uphill climb very few guys could make over the summer to become eligible. He should make an immediate impact for you guys especially if your new o-line coach can whip them into shape to give the QB time to malke the throws. I look for Lamar to be competing at the top of the conference in 2013 if all these changes pans out.

How is he ineligible to play at Sam but eligible to play at LU?

Guest NorthoftheBorder

Considering he's a receiver, I'm sure he would rather be the #1 option in an offense rather than play in the option offense at Sam. Just speculation though, Sam obviously has the superior program right now.

LU facilities are the best in the Southland. That and the opportunity to be a difference maker can be very attractive. FWIW the same coach told me that Garret will end up at SFA.

The former Ozen HS coach on the SFA staff has done a good job of picking off some talent from the Golden Triangle. I hope your source is wrong and he makes it to LU, but since there is no buzz on here about Garrett I assume he is not considering LU.

Guest eagle eye
So, with the signing of KJ does that point either of our QBs having a leg up over the other? Kevin Johnson is a nice signing but you wonder why a guy goes from a successful Big 12 program to a small SLC program. Was there any discipline or grade issues at OK State?

So, with the signing of KJ does that point either of our QBs having a leg up over the other? Kevin Johnson is a nice signing but you wonder why a guy goes from a successful Big 12 program to a small SLC program. Was there any discipline or grade issues at OK State?

From what I've read he wasn't going to get much playing time. He was not going to be a starter and OSU signed six WRs. There were no discipline issues and grades don't seem to be an issue either.

Guest CardAmbassador
I was going to post that it's nice were to the point that we don't have to sign a guy like Oden who was kicked off his team. This year it seems we can at least be some what selective since we have been around longer, and the new coaches don't hurt either.

Guest bigred360

I was going to post that it's nice were to the point that we don't have to sign a guy like Oden who was kicked off his team. This year it seems we can at least be some what selective since we have been around longer, and the new coaches don't hurt either.

+1

Johnson visited other schools which one which was Sam Houston State but he chose Lamar. This was a good pickup in an obvious position of need for the Cardinals.

This is a great pick up for you guys. I know our staff was very disappointed when they were told he was not academically eligible to come to Sam and it would have been an uphill climb very few guys could make over the summer to become eligible. He should make an immediate impact for you guys especially if your new o-line coach can whip them into shape to give the QB time to malke the throws. I look for Lamar to be competing at the top of the conference in 2013 if all these changes pans out.

Just so we never have to debate this again, the standards for admission at LU and SHSU are the same per the universities' websites:

http://www.lamar.edu/admissions/freshmen.html

http://www.shsu.edu/catalog/admission2.html#begfresh

Just so we never have to debate this again, the standards for admission at LU and SHSU are the same per the universities' websites:

Kevin Johnson was able to get into OSU and we all know those Big 12 schools has such low admission standards. ;D

Kevin Johnson was able to get into OSU and we all know those Big 12 schools has such low admission standards. ;D

Right. Some of those guys are so full of it.

Right. Some of those guys are so full of shit.

I would never deny that I tend to be full of shit, but please don't tell me you guys think that just because OSU is bigger the entrance requirements at LU or SH can't be harder? Secondly he isn't a freshmen he's a transfer and as you may or may not know not all coursework transfers to every instittion contrary to what you hear in the LSCPA commercials so while our requirements for acceptance may be the same it doesn't mean that he could have non test score\gpa related issues with his academics. Some of you have an inferiority complex. I don't have a problem admitting this is probably the first transfer that yall have gotten that I wish we couldve that stuff just doesn't work out sometimes.