Lamar signing JUCO QB

Mike

I received some info that Fort Scott JUCO QB Dillon Barrett could be signing with Lamar early next week. He's a 6-5 225lb redshirt freshman that runs a 4.5 40. I found some highlight videos, his rivals profile and a pic of him at the Manning football camp.

I did call and ask a source in the LU athletic dept and received no comment.

Rivals Profile: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dillon-Barrett-138515

Dillion at the Manning QB Camp:

http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh411/png1992/DillionBarrett.jpg

Link:

Link:

Link: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/907681/highlights/11080381

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, nice pic!!! Second, PANCHO, we had to pick up another QB as we only have two on the depth chart as Berg is going to be redshirted. I really don't see Dillon Barrett as being a threat to Moss as he has been with this team through spring practice and knows the system better. Moss is safe for now.

First, nice pic!!! Second, PANCHO, we had to pick up another QB as we only have two on the depth chart as Berg is going to be redshirted. I really don't see Dillon Barrett as being a threat to Moss as he has been with this team through spring practice and knows the system better. Moss is safe for now.

I agree, this allows Woodard to redshirt Bergeron and gives the team needed depth at QB. I'm thinking they'll be out of scholarships to give if they sign this guy.

Guest LU 17
Wow I just read the thread on Byron Barrett. He must have really taken good care of all those newspaper articles of himself. I figure he must have stored them under his bed. If Dillion Barrett is half as good as Byron, we are going to be in good shape at QB.

Guest CardAmbassador
I'm not surprised were signing another QB, coaches like to have alot of them and we only had 3 including 1 freshman.

I reached out to Dillons father this evening and he told me that Dillon had indeed committed and will formally sign early next week.

He also mentioned that LSU and Memphis came to watch him play this spring. Mr. Barrett thinks that Dillon will be "a huge factor and will compete hard for the starting position."

Here is scout.com's JUCO player rankings:

LINK: http://jcfootball.scout.com/a.z?s=87&p=9&c=4&yr=2013

Guest BigRed2010
So Dillon would be eligible for this fall? We definitely need 1 more quarterback. He sounds like he has some good potential. Hope he signs!

LOL his dad sure doesn't pull any punches. I really like this signing and hope that he makes it interesting this fall at the QB position. And passing up on a visit to SHSU shows he is a very smart young man! 8) Can't wait to see him in the RED & WHITE!

Guest LU 17
I give you guys credit. I looked (just on google) for info on Dillon Barrett and found very little. You guys are very good at finding out info on players. I thank you for providing so much info on some the late signees. It seems like as of late, we are really signing some good players.

Guest BigRed2010

LOL his dad sure doesn't pull any punches. I really like this signing and hope that he makes it interesting this fall at the QB position. And passing up on a visit to SHSU shows he is a very smart young man! 8) Can't wait to see him in the RED & WHITE!

He probably could not have become "academically eligible" at Sam Houston anyway. We know how stringent their entry requirements are. They're right up there with Rice or Stanford to hear tell from the girls and ex-band members over there at katfans. ::)

Before all the hype.

At that size and that speed how is it he had no offers coming out of high school.JUCO???

He had a no star rating on rivals, I posted his real high school rivals page.

He's a run QB coming to a passing offense??????

Is he the next Jeremy Johnson???

Because at 6'5" and 4.4 speed we need him as a wide out.

His high school video is posted on youtube,Look at Moss's or the new fresh....not close!

No doubt, he's a runner...Looks fantastic running the ball. Not so great throwing it.

Moss will not be worried and neither is Berry.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dillon-Barrett-115601

I'm sure passing up a visit to Sam had nothing to do with the fact that our starting QB (you know the one who led our team to a 14-1 season) still has 2 years to play. I'm sure Lamar will be a good fit for him, he sounds good and wants to play not watch someone else play. Seems like an easy decision to me.

Guest LU 17
Respectfully, Kat...didn't y'all have shirts printed up that said something like national championship game losers. Anyway, just curious why this kid didn't get more attention out of high school. Was the issue strictly because of grades? I saw a lot of interest, but no offers. I'm just wondering because he looks like a player that should have received scholarship offers.

Guest kakat10
Don't take it from the Band Girls at KatFans... Our head Coach has said it. Fritz runs a tight ship and the results have shown. Speaking of championship shirts when was the last time Lamar's football program had the word Champion associated with it in any way besides on BRI? As much as I would like to deny the shirt, it happened. Also, I would like to congratulate you guys on getting a quality QB transfer. I am not sure why he passed up Sam Houston, it may have been the fact we probably wanted him to play another position. We are pretty solid at QB and we likely would have used him at WR. I hope he comes in and makes an immediate impact becuase the 66-0 game was abolutlely boring. I'm sure it was worse for you guys, as BRI indicated during and after that game. If we are gonna pretend to hate each other you guys gotta make it a game. The two times we've played you guys we've outscored you 104-10 so I'm hoping this kid scores at least 28 points this season against us. A 66-28 game is a little more exciting if ya know what I mean... A three game point total of 170-38 doesn't look so bad.. no wait it does... Anyways, congrats on the pick up and I'm sure he will fit in well.

well his dad sure sounds pretty confident and proud of his son for not having any help on his way up. i sure hope he can live up to the hype when he gets help from lamar. best of luck to him.

Yes the marketing company that our beloved university wastes money on thought that would be a good idea, but they quickly removed them when the backlash from our fans smacked them in the face. And specifically what KK10 is saying our head coach said was that SHSY is second in the state to Rice when it comes to academis requirements for atheletes. I dont believe he'd have a reason to lie.

Guest Sam_Kats

I wish the transfer QB luck...what happened to the WVU transfer QB? How about the big OL from Arkansas?

And what is this "band" thing you guys speak of??

Hey just let the kid play.

No, I don't understand why no one offered him. He was academically qualified.

His dad owns a recruiting firm.

I don't know how that biz can be doing if you could not get your own kid an offer.

My bet was he probably would have got offers if he would have listed as an athlete.

He wants to play QB. (jeremy Johnson)

Woodard took him because he is an athlete. He will get on the field but probably not at QB.

He's runs the ball well. Throws, not so well.

I run a QB school for 15 years and I can tell you he has some work to do. He's got the tools but from his high school highlights and that JUCO practice video.He has work to do.When you bring a run QB into a passing attack it requires twice as much work. His dad was quoted saying his high school coaching was not good. After watching I think his dad was right.

Watch his highlights and then watch MOss's...not close!

Here is the dads site

http://www.topscoutfootballrecruiting.com/aboutus.php

Guest NorthoftheBorder

Don't take it from the Band Girls at KatFans... Our head Coach has said it. Fritz runs a tight ship and the results have shown. Speaking of championship shirts when was the last time Lamar's football program had the word Champion associated with it in any way besides on BRI? As much as I would like to deny the shirt, it happened. Also, I would like to congratulate you guys on getting a quality QB transfer. I am not sure why he passed up Sam Houston, it may have been the fact we probably wanted him to play another position. We are pretty solid at QB and we likely would have used him at WR. I hope he comes in and makes an immediate impact becuase the 66-0 game was abolutlely boring. I'm sure it was worse for you guys, as BRI indicated during and after that game. If we are gonna pretend to hate each other you guys gotta make it a game. The two times we've played you guys we've outscored you 104-10 so I'm hoping this kid scores at least 28 points this season against us. A 66-28 game is a little more exciting if ya know what I mean... A three game point total of 170-38 doesn't look so bad.. no wait it does... Anyways, congrats on the pick up and I'm sure he will fit in well.

Until we make it a competitive game with you guys your not going to hear me rag on SHSU. I am embarrassed by our effort last year. Saw the the 38-10 game and we were manhandled in that one. Fritz has your program going solidly in the right direction. Hopefully we can "step up to the plate in the next few years and give you guys a run for your money, and maybe give a little payback.