Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar signing JUCO QB

Sam_Kats

Re: Lamar signing JUCO QB

This guy seems awfully stuck on himself & his JUCO son. I mean, he did go JUCO, Pops. Reminds me of Craig James & his boy. Oh well - hope the Kat defense introduces him to to D1 football.

For my brother's sake, I just hope the game is closer so he'll want to stay longer & tailgate after the game this time.

CardAmbassador

[quote author=Sam_Kats link=topic=36994.msg38752#msg38752 date=1339687821]
    This guy seems awfully stuck on himself & his JUCO son. I mean, he did go JUCO, Pops. Reminds me of Craig James & his boy. Oh well - hope the Kat defense introduces him to to D1 football.

For my brother's sake, I just hope the game is closer so he'll want to stay longer & tailgate after the game this time.
    [/quote]

You do know parents read this site? It's already one thing to dismiss a player because he played JUCO football. But to also insult his parents? All I can say is wow. Stick to making fun of our team or our coaches, no reason to go after a guy's dad because he is proud of his son.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[/quote]

That's a lot of hoping for one post.

kakat10

[quote author=CardAmbassador link=topic=36994.msg38753#msg38753 date=1339688127]

[/quote]

You do know parents read this site? It's already one thing to dismiss a player because he played JUCO football. But to also insult his parents? All I can say is wow. Stick to making fun of our team or our coaches, no reason to go after a guy's dad because he is proud of his son.
    [/quote]

I didn't think that was much of an insult at all. It's more of an observation if anything. Also, what does it matter if the parents read the board? If anything I would be more protective of the players than the parents. We are talking DI football here not Pop Warner.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[/quote]

Is someone a little butt-hurt that a few kids from oklahoma state and now this kid had the audacity to choose Lamar over the great Slam Houston Beerkats? Get over it man you guys are loaded and it'll be ok. We're only heading into our 4th year of football so we're growing and getting any player to choose Lamar for any reason over you guys or any other established program is exciting. That's reallyno reason to come here and trash the kid or his parents.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[/quote]

i dont agree with your juco statement sam kat, but i do agree with your other statement. his dad might just want to tone his confidence and complaining down just a bit. complaining about coaches and o-line is pretty stuck up.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Ha ha ha...what am I reading right now? Is this real life?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

katfans need not listen to who dat. he doesnt know much about the team aspect of football and not bashing your own team. so by all means trash away at this kids dad ( not so much the kid).

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Are you sure this kid isnt kin to the Mannings? His dad sounds like he went to the Archie Manning Excuse camp while his kid was learning to throw the ball.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Well, this thread got off-track in a hurry. Point, Katfans (I guess). I think the moderators of both sites should duke it out. It could be an ol'-fashioned Katfans/Big Red Insider moderator beat-down...or something. We could even make second place shirts!! Let me know what you folks think of this.

(Clearly, this is a joke meant to make others laugh.)

Sam_Kats

Nice try, Ambassador but if people have to apologize for making statements & throwing out OPINIONS on a message board (crazy thought, right?), then maybe you should re-think your business model.

I coached 5A HS football for 4 years & saw, first hand, the Daddy's Club-type parents & the recruiting "moguls" who would promise a 16-17 yr old kid the WORLD, only to have him attend a small school in Kansas (sound familiar) & be stuck with a $20k tuition bill because his "scholarship" only took care of a small portion. This guy seems to be a combination of the two. Just seems a bit odd that his Dad's website would list his college choices as Memphis, Texas, Ole Miss, etc - yet the kid ends up @ JUCO, then LU. Nothing against Lamar, but we FCS folks know that our programs recruit different athletes than the big boys.

That's MY little ol' opinion...take it or leave it but spare me the "shame on you for degrading kids/parents/etc." If either party is willing to throw themselves out there with Facebook, websites, etc claiming they're the next best thing since sliced bread, at that point, they open themselves to 3rd party opinions (good or bad).

Like I said, GOOD LUCK TO THE KID.

CardAmbassador

I'll pass because I'm probably the skinniest guy there is. But if it were a foot race...

Back on topic, I completely agree with Mike's earlier comment, Moss will not be threatened by this neither will Berry. It sounded like both thought just learning our new system took up most of their time in spring camp. I don't think anyone is going to be able to learn this system that quickly and then get their timing down that quickly to unseat those 2 guys.

Whatever type of offense we're planning to run it sounds more complex than what we have had the last two years.

Now with a year under their belt Bergeron and this guy will come into next Spring camp ready to compete.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

has anybody heard from mossakowski or berry lately? anybody have any insight on what and how they are doing?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I tell you what, obviously Some people at SAM HOUSTON ST are worried about losin to LU eventually, or they wouldnt be be on our message boards try to scoop some info.

Its only a matter of time..

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I dont think anyone is dumb enough to think or we will always beat you guys or even worry about it, hell anything can happen on any given saturday, and there is very little a fan can do from their seat in the statnds to change that. Opposing fans checking out other fan boards for info and the posting at times is just part of the game so to speak.