Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Online Q/A with LU basketball coach Clif Carroll

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Online Q/A with LU basketball coach Clif Carroll

[quote author=00hmh link=topic=37042.msg45116#msg45116 date=1350321381]
    How do these guys defend?

I know you can't answer all this at this early date, but if you can, comment about some specifics Whatever you can say is great.

Will we be a tough defensive team, able to make the big stops or have to rely more to play offense and outscore the opponents?

Anybody stand out as a defensive player?

Are they getting the ideas behind ball oriented man defense?

Do we have enough size to defend the post or will we have to give up some shots to double the post? Or even packing in on man defense, like Wisconsin did for years?

Will we have enough quickness at guard to contain, or have to play zone, help a lot, to stop quick teams?

Can we get some offense with pressure, or will we be more locking down and playing to make the stops?
    [/quote]

To be quite honest with you, I haven't seen our team workout in almost a month. I'm having real withdrawals. I love the defensive potential of this team. We have guys that could be good on ball defenders and we have guys like Nikko and Osas to defend the basket. I love Amos as a defensive player. He plays as hard as anybody I have ever coached and is versatile enough to guard anybody on the floor. We will be fine defending the post, but will have the option to double in situations. I think we will play mostly man this year. We should be able to guard almost anyone and switch most positions. Switching should create some opportunities to score off of our defense.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Mr.KnowItAll link=topic=37042.msg45178#msg45178 date=1350401878]
    Coach, is recruiting going better than this time last year?

Have y'all decided on which of these newcomers will likely be redshirted?

Do you see any of the walk-ons contributing minutes this year?
    [/quote]

The recruiting is going a lot better. We are in very deep with a few players that could be big time players.

We haven't decided on any red shirts just yet. We do have a few guys that could use a redshirt year. We more than likely wont make any decisions before the end of the month.

The walk on's will have as much opportunity to play as the other players. If one of them earns playing time, then he will get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=West link=topic=37042.msg45181#msg45181 date=1350406540]
    I have a feeling with the season coming up, Coach may be a little busy
    [/quote]

I am really busy. I haven't seen my son, dog, wife or team more than 4 days in the last month. I can't complain too much though, I have spent the last 4 days in south florida, and I have made a good share of recruiting calls on Ft. lauderdale beach.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

It's been a little quiet around here. Tired of reading the crap about football. So instead of braving the "cold" and coming over, I'll use technology to talk to you.

I met a few of your kids at the soccer game Friday night. They were very polite and were great to speak to. You were right about Hondo, he looks like a middle linebacker. He is an impressive kid to talk to. Thank you so much for recruiting respectable kids. I hope they can play a little ball too

Bring the little one by the house to trick or treat. The ol lady has something special for him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Coach Carroll cant answer questions during the season due to being extremely busy. He'll continue to do some Q/A segments with us but for now I'm locking this thread.