[quote author=00hmh link=topic=37042.msg45116#msg45116 date=1350321381]
How do these guys defend?

I know you can't answer all this at this early date, but if you can, comment about some specifics Whatever you can say is great.

Will we be a tough defensive team, able to make the big stops or have to rely more to play offense and outscore the opponents?

Anybody stand out as a defensive player?

Are they getting the ideas behind ball oriented man defense?

Do we have enough size to defend the post or will we have to give up some shots to double the post? Or even packing in on man defense, like Wisconsin did for years?

Will we have enough quickness at guard to contain, or have to play zone, help a lot, to stop quick teams?

Can we get some offense with pressure, or will we be more locking down and playing to make the stops?
[/quote]

To be quite honest with you, I haven't seen our team workout in almost a month. I'm having real withdrawals. I love the defensive potential of this team. We have guys that could be good on ball defenders and we have guys like Nikko and Osas to defend the basket. I love Amos as a defensive player. He plays as hard as anybody I have ever coached and is versatile enough to guard anybody on the floor. We will be fine defending the post, but will have the option to double in situations. I think we will play mostly man this year. We should be able to guard almost anyone and switch most positions. Switching should create some opportunities to score off of our defense.