Potential transfers

DJLocal

Guest bigredfan2

SportsCenter‏@SportsCenter

In addition to $60M fine for Penn State, NCAA imposes 4-year football postseason ban & PSU must vacate all wins from 1998-2011

Penn State players are able to transfer...could this be another opportunity?

I wish but highly doubt it. The thing that is usually attractive to players transferring from FBS to FCS is that, because they transferring down a division, they are not required to sit out a year (as they would have to if they transferred from FBS to FBS). What the NCAA is doing for any Penn State players that want to transfer is allowing them to transfer to another FBS program without having to sit out a year. So, a player could play right away for a new FBS program.

I believe they are players that are wanting to transfer due to playing time so I would assume are backups. That is all the info I have at the moment.

Are these players wanting to transfer to Lamar specifically? If not then I don't see what the point of this thread is.

Guest CardAmbassador

I believe they are players that are wanting to transfer due to playing time so I would assume are backups. That is all the info I have at the moment.

Are these players wanting to transfer to Lamar specifically? If not then I don't see what the point of this thread is.

DJLocal usually has good information on recruiting, I would take this seriously.

yep but LAMAR is alot closer than penn st to katy,tx

i like the optimism bossman but the advantage a school like Lamar has in nabbing a talented FBS transfer is the fact that they can play right away. With the uniqueness off the PSU situation it gives their entire team the ability to transfer to any FBS school in the country without having to sit out a season. This throws the advantage FCS schools have out the window.

Katy is closer than PSU but if the kid was willing to go to PSU in the first place being close to home isnt a priority to him and if he was interested in getting back to Texas he could look at UT, aTm, Texas Tech, Baylor, UH, etc all without having to sit out a season.