Lamar Football Camp - Wide Receivers

coachacola

Through the first two years of Lamar's resurrected football program, the Cardinals had a pair of wide receivers in J.J. Hayes and Marcus Jackson who littered the school record books with their names. With the duo gone, Lamar will rely on a young group of receivers to fill the role.

The Cardinals not only have several new players lining up to catch passes, but will also have a new position coach in Kevin Barbay. Just two days into preseason practices, Barbay is excited about the group of receivers under his charge.

"I've got a room full of eager guys who haven't got a whole lot of playing time, a whole lot of experience here, so they're all eager and chomping at the bit to get on the field," said Barbay. "What that creates is a whole lot of competition and a lot of guys pushing each other.

Link: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080812aaa.html

Guest CardAmbassador
It just struck me that I'm really going to miss watching and cheering for JJ Hayes and Marcus Jackson. Can't wait to see who's going to be the next GREAT Lamar wide receiver.

Guest CardAmbassador

I just noticed that Payton Ploch is now a wide receiver. He's moved from linebacker to tight end to wide receiver now. Davion Wolford is also a receiver after playing as a defensive back as a freshman last year.

Both are athletes, Wolford was listed as an athlete walk-on and Ploch played qb at his HS didn't he? Athletes usually play the position of most need.

I just noticed that Payton Ploch is now a wide receiver. He's moved from linebacker to tight end to wide receiver now. Davion Wolford is also a receiver after playing as a defensive back as a freshman last year.

Both are athletes, Wolford was listed as an athlete walk-on and Ploch played qb at his HS didn't he? Athletes usually play the position of most need.

They both played in a lot of games last year on defense so if they were moved to offense then the defense must be a lot deeper this year.