I need opinions from the regulars........

Mike

I've stated numerous times that new software is on the way here at BigRedInsider. The one snag that I'd like to discuss is our short history. The forum over the past month has started to grow and along with that is the history. IF/When the new sofware comes a bug is there's currently no program that we can find that will carryover all our post. In other words, the forum will be 100% completely new. All of our post counts would be starting over.

Is this something that would be an issue to anyone or is everyone fine with it? The thing is the longer we wait, the harder it'll be to let all our info go.

What are you guys thoughts?

Guest bigred360

Admin, I think we should wait until after basketball season ends for both the MBB team and the WBB team. Then we'll be at the time of year where it wouldn't mattern starting over with the new software because there isn't a lot of guys who really support the spring sports. Tennis, golf, track and baseball.

I say after the WBB season is over let's do it!

Guest CardinalClaw

bigred360 wrote:

Admin, I think we should wait until after basketball season ends for both the MBB team and the WBB team. Then we'll be at the time of year where it wouldn't mattern starting over with the new software because there isn't a lot of guys who really support the spring sports. Tennis, golf, track and baseball.

I second that.

Guest CardAmbassador

ADMIN wrote:

Adams wrote:

At the unveiling of the new software, will there be punch and pie?

Nope. Mini sausages flown in from Vienna.

HAHA :P

Guest CardAmbassador

Avitom wrote:

Have you checked with setxsports.com to make sure its okay to switch software? I'm not sure they would approve of anything that might put them even more outdated than they already are?

I like this guy. :laugh:

CardinalClaw wrote:

bigred360 wrote:

I second that.

I THINK I temporarily fixed this until the upgrade. Let me know if its better for you guys.

Guest CardinalClaw
This is a thought that would be nice for this site. I think it would be nice for members to be able to start a poll an have other members be able to vote on the topic. I have seen this on other message boards an believe it would be a great idea to have on BRI. Is there anyway we could get that done.

CardinalClaw wrote:

This is a thought that would be nice for this site. I think it would be nice for members to be able to start a poll an have other members be able to vote on the topic. I have seen this on other message boards an believe it would be a great idea to have on BRI. Is there anyway we could get that done.

We hope to have the polling option with the new software.

Guest CardAmbassador

ADMIN wrote:

CardinalClaw wrote:

We hope to have the polling option with the new software.

Thanks for all of your efforts. This site is quickly becoming the premier site for Cardinal Fans!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CardAmbassador
Apparently coach is a programmer. I know some java script but that's about it when it comes to web programming. I would imagine this forum uses MySQL and the new one should too so it seems like transferring the data over is possible. I'm an amateur not an expert though.