Offense excites new Lamar quarterback

coachacola

"That's the good aspect of this offense," Mossakowski said. "We can go out and go empty and have a good time doing that. We can go out and have all running backs and tight ends. I mean, we can go out and have anything, and that's one of the best aspects I like about this offense because you can do anything you want.

"It's going to be interesting game-by-game (to see) what kind of gameplan we're going to come up with."

Link: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Offense-excites-new-Lamar-quarterback-3779246.php

I still think Caleb Berry should start. And out versatility all depends on how good our o- line comes together. If they can pass and run block we will be versatile. If the can only do one or the other we will have to be one dimensional. And if the cant block period then we are screwed!

I still think Caleb Berry should start. And out versatility all depends on how good our o- line comes together. If they can pass and run block we will be versatile. If the can only do one or the other we will have to be one dimensional. And if the cant block period then we are screwed!

We had a thread this post could easily have been identified in.

http://bigredinsider.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=196&topic=37095.0;topicseen

Guest Hookem14

"Elementary My Dear Watson"

and your basing starting Berry on what? he played his guts out last year hurt but the facts remain he was the 4th string QB on a bad team. i'll take my chances with the kid good enough out of high school to be recruited into the SEC and see how he can do and if he isn't productive or gets injured then bring in Berry. I do agree that this will all be for naught if our offensive line play isn't good.

and your basing starting Berry on what? he played his guts out last year hurt but the facts remain he was the 4th string QB on a bad team. i'll take my chances with the kid good enough out of high school to be recruited into the SEC and see how he can do and if he isn't productive or gets injured then bring in Berry. I do agree that this will all be for naught if our offensive line play isn't good.

I say start the guy that 1. Has fcs experierence (granted only about a half total last year) 2. Performs best in the spring game and scrimmages. 3. Performs best in regular practices and drills. 4 and lastly, can make the most plays on the run when playing behind a crappy o-line.

The answer to all 4 of those things is Caleb Berry.

I think our fans are so used to seeing our QBs having to scramble on almost every play so they don't get sacked that it's hard to see a QB like Moss succeed. With half the OL gone from last year, a new OC, new QB an new wide receivers, it's going to take time for the offense to gel. I think we need to be patient until Kueck has a chance to put an offense together around Moss.

Guest CardAmbassador
This is not the first time Berry has out played Moss in a scrimmage. Let's not write him off just yet. I would like to see them name a starter for the ULL game by the end of next week though. No reason to be like last year and keep it up in the air for 3 weeks.

This is not the first time Berry has out played Moss in a scrimmage. Let's not write him off just yet. I would like to see them name a starter for the ULL game by the end of next week though. No reason to be like last year and keep it up in the air for 3 weeks.

I'd be floored if anyone other than Ryan Mossakowski starts under center in Lafayette.

I'd be floored if anyone other than Ryan Mossakowski starts under center in Lafayette.

I would be floored as well. I just feel he was kind of given the job without a true competition. Because he has the better tangibles and physical tools. But countless times we have seen that not translate into a good qb.

Guest NorthoftheBorder

I would be floored as well. I just feel he was kind of given the job without a true competition. Because he has the better tangibles and physical tools. But countless times we have seen that not translate into a good qb.

I truly don't know who should start but in my opinion the QB position is a big ? right now because there is only one D1 start among the players on the roster. You are right that the QB position has become a "beauty contest" these days with the players "who are the most athletic" almost always getting the nod. That is why Doug Prewitt could never get the start over Bevil or Johnson. I hold that you need the best leader at QB, not the best athlete. Of course any QB has to have athletic skills in order to be able to play the game.

I say start the guy that 1. Has fcs experierence (granted only about a half total last year) 2. Performs best in the spring game and scrimmages. 3. Performs best in regular practices and drills. 4 and lastly, can make the most plays on the run when playing behind a crappy o-line.

i think ill trust coach Kueck on this one as he has a history of developing good QB's in his career. ill go with the kid who was rated 4 stars out of high school and recruited to the SEC over our 4th string qb last season. you state that berry has more fcs experience but mossakowski has more experience under center at the college level and last year he passed for nearly 2500 yards and 26 touchdowns. in his first game under center last season he had 5 touchdown passes and threw for 450 yards. i admire berrys toughness and would be totally comfortable with him gettnig snaps if mossakowski proves to be ineffective or gets hurt but mossakowski should be the undisputed starter. heck UT fans were asking for mossakowski after last season so i think were fortunate he ended up at lamar. read this thread i found from a texas forum last year: http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/Again-I-ask-why-not-look-at-Ryan-Mossakowski-5489630/1

i think ill trust coach Kueck on this one as he has a history of developing good QB's in his career. ill go with the kid who was rated 4 stars out of high school and recruited to the SEC over our 4th string qb last season. you state that berry has more fcs experience but mossakowski has more experience under center at the college level and last year he passed for nearly 2500 yards and 26 touchdowns. in his first game under center last season he had 5 touchdown passes and threw for 450 yards. i admire berrys toughness and would be totally comfortable with him gettnig snaps if mossakowski proves to be ineffective or gets hurt but mossakowski should be the undisputed starter. heck UT fans were asking for mossakowski after last season so i think were fortunate he ended up at lamar. read this thread i found from a texas forum last year: http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/Again-I-ask-why-not-look-at-Ryan-Mossakowski-5489630/1

Well said. I'll be surprised if he doesn't start.

I hope you're right and he develops into his full potential. But currently I don't think he has practiced like it. And Texas would be stupid to take him if Kentucky didn't want him. One thing I feel he has done a great job of is being a vocal leader. Moss is more vocal than Berry for sure.

I hope you're right and he develops into his full potential. But currently I don't think he has practiced like it. And Texas would be stupid to take him if Kentucky didn't want him. One thing I feel he has done a great job of is being a vocal leader. Moss is more vocal than Berry for sure.

Why do you say Kentucky didn't want him? That's not what their coach said.

Link: http://www.lex18.com/news/mossakowski-talks-to-lex-18-sports-both-easy-and-tough-to-leave

Why do you say Kentucky didn't want him? That's not what their coach said.

Link: http://www.lex18.com/news/mossakowski-talks-to-lex-18-sports-both-easy-and-tough-to-leave

Sorry. Wrong choice of words. I meant by it that he was a guy that was good enough to see the field on a team that is rarely any good.

Let's trust the coaches to make the right call. This isn't a situation where there's a 3-year starter and a HS stud who lit it up in 2A football.

Mossakowski has sufficient prep-time to prove whether he's worth it or not. The OL should be better than last year considering the new OL coach has experience at every level and knows how to build a winning team from the trenches. So, if they perform well, he should be fine. If not, then it could be a long season.

Guest mendelj
They all have sufficient prep time to show what they can do and THEY are ALL in this together. It doesn't matter what they've done before today. They all come from different high school playing situations that none of us have FIRST HAND knowledge of unless they came from around our Beaumont area. All that matters is "here and now" and who is the most capable on any given day. Coaches are working hard and the players are working hard. Fans need to do their job now and be supportive of the them all, today and all throughout the season. GO CARDS!!!!!!

They all have sufficient prep time to show what they can do and THEY are ALL in this together. It doesn't matter what they've done before today. They all come from different high school playing situations that none of us have FIRST HAND knowledge of unless they came from around our Beaumont area. All that matters is "here and now" and who is the most capable on any given day. Coaches are working hard and the players are working hard. Fans need to do their job now and be supportive of the them all, today and all throughout the season. GO CARDS!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly.