Thread: Anthony Beard Injury

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Anthony Beard Injury

Beard was injured during practice last night when his knee was twisted and injured. I was told the injury looked to be serious and a MRI has been scheduled.

This is obviously a bad break for the defense and to Anthony who's worked hard to get back from previous injuries and has looked solid at practices.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Anthony Beard Injury

Hate to hear that. Hoping for the best.

NorthoftheBorder

Is it the same knee that he already has had 2 surgeries on?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=37307.msg41748#msg41748 date=1344966285]
    Is it the same knee that he already has had 2 surgeries on?
    [/quote]

unfortunately...yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

krap,krap,krap.......

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Is he eligible for a medical redshirt?...or just a regular redshirt even?

CardAmbassador

I think he Medical Red Shirted the first year, some one correct me if I'm wrong.

He hurt is knee early in our 2010 campaign I know that.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

2010:?Received a medical redshirt ... Played in two games with three solo tackles before season-ending injury ... Originally signed with SMU, but transferred to Lamar before the season.

could he redshirt this year?...i remember keenum at cooger hi redshirted, then has a med redshirt...

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37307.msg42036#msg42036 date=1345344806]
    2010: Received a medical redshirt ... Played in two games with three solo tackles before season-ending injury ... Originally signed with SMU, but transferred to Lamar before the season.

could he redshirt this year?...i remember keenum at cooger hi redshirted, then has a med redshirt...
    [/quote]

I think order matters. I don't believe you can do a medical RS and THEN a normal RS, but you can go the other way like Keenum did (I could be wrong).
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

i think you are right

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=37307.msg42037#msg42037 date=1345349234]
    [quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37307.msg42036#msg42036 date=1345344806]
    2010: Received a medical redshirt ... Played in two games with three solo tackles before season-ending injury ... Originally signed with SMU, but transferred to Lamar before the season.

[/quote]

I think order matters. I don't believe you can do a medical RS and THEN a normal RS, but you can go the other way like Keenum did (I could be wrong).
    [/quote]

Medical hardships are usually only granted if more than one season is lost due to injury ... if a student-athlete has already redshirted voluntarily (normal redshirt), he/she typically would not be eligible for a medical hardship ... that is unless they've already redshirted voluntarily, AND lost more than one season due to injury.

Example One:

Student-athlete redshirts true freshman year ... plays as redshirt freshman; plays as redshirt sophomore; misses redshirt junior year; plays redshirt senior year ... eligibility exhausted.

Example Two:

Student-athlete plays as true freshman; misses sophomore year due to injury; plays as redshirt sophomore; plays as redshirt junior; misses redshirt senior year due to injury; likely would be granted a 6th year by the NCAA.

Example Three:

Student-athlete misses true freshman year due to injury; plays as redshirt freshman; misses redshirt sophomore year due to injury; plays as redshirt junior; plays as redshirt senior; would have good case for 6th year as long as there is good documentation redshirt freshman year was lost due to injury ... NCAA is pretty strict on schools who play true freshmen early and decide to redshirt them before the mid-point or 20% of games played.