Thread: First Game of the Season

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

First Game of the Season

Hey Friends- Any idea how many Cardinal fans are coming to Lafayette for the opener.? Our Seasosn ticiket sales are approaching, or over 10,000 and we have a lotof walkups so it will be a great crowd. Hope the weather is good cause the tailgaitng is awesome.
    Hope to see a lot of Lamar fans there.

CC

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: First Game of the Season

my guess would be between 500 and 1000.if it werent labor day weekend maybe a few more.hope more go but i think thats a realistic number.does anyone know if were bringing the band and drill team?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

We were in Lafayette this weekend for a 50th anniversary party. We made Scandals and The Blue Moon Saloon( my wife's cousin owns it) there were people with Rajun Cajun tee shirts everywhere. I wish the support for Lamar was as strong.....

Mahler

[quote author=lu cards link=topic=37373.msg42058#msg42058 date=1345419665]
    my guess would be between 500 and 1000.if it werent labor day weekend maybe a few more.hope more go but i think thats a realistic number.does anyone know if were bringing the band and drill team?
    [/quote]

The band and dance team had budgeted this game to travel to but it was not approved. Budget cuts have hurt a lot this year. The band's travel is not funded by the Athletic Department. :-\

CardAmbassador

[quote author=Mahler link=topic=37373.msg42066#msg42066 date=1345432106]
    [/quote]

The band and dance team had budgeted this game to travel to but it was not approved. Budget cuts have hurt a lot this year. The band's travel is not funded by the Athletic Department. :-\
    [/quote]

I think the budget situation is getting pretty bad. This isn't the only place they're cutting.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

dang...how much can it cost to stick the band on a bus for a 2 hour trip?

anywho....I had MY spot on the bus going to LA-la...but, had to give it up..killing me..but i couldnt make it...

kakat10

First Game of the Season

[quote author=Mahler link=topic=37373.msg1#msg1 date=1345432106]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe some alumni will step up and make it happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

aw...cut the Philosophy prof---send the band!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

If you send the band then you have to send the dance team and cheerleaders as well. Looking at probably 4 buses minimum and vans to hold all there equipment. Also at least one meal maybe 2. That adds up. Lamar is all about cutting on everything right now and even in athletics, where they are understaffed and underpaid.

CardAmbassador

[quote author=LUAthletics link=topic=37373.msg42122#msg42122 date=1345569943]
    If you send the band then you have to send the dance team and cheerleaders as well. Looking at probably 4 buses minimum and vans to hold all there equipment. Also at least one meal maybe 2. That adds up. Lamar is all about cutting on everything right now and even in athletics, where they are understaffed and underpaid.
    [/quote]

To be clear, the state is cutting across the board at all universities. That method of budget balancing hurts certain institutions more than others.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

We have a few staying in Lake Charles at the Lauberge for the weekend and driving over to the game. Can't wait for the season to start.
    Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly